Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Virus?

how does it knwo my father's name? i feel violated. haha

MYIE2 is set up to "Allow ActiveX"
    However, i have spywareblaster which blocks some ActiveX things. Will it still funtion normally?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Well, you must be using an installed e-mail client, like outlook express, to handle e-mails. It's meant to make things like that easier (eg. email and name with forms), so it'll detect that. Hey, if you used web-based e-mail instead, you wouldn't feel so violated.

ActiveX should work fine. But, I try to keep the number of programs running in the backround to a minimum. That's one of the reasons I made this.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    nice, thanks.

btw, i don&#39;t use outlook express. maybe my dad used it once before though.

so spywareblaster should still block the bad activeX even though i have activeX enabled?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster
    You can di3able active-X in IE. Don&#39;t depend on programs to do that, do it urself, so when u want to enable things, you know where you made the changes. Spyware blaster is good as well.
    Just go 2 the Zones in internet options under the "security" tab and choose "cutom lelvel" and configre them all not 2 run active-X.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Thanks, I have no need to do that though. I was just wondering if spywareBlaster was still going to work properly.

Speaking of browsers, what do you guys think of Avant? And how many browsers do you use?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Didn&#39;t go through the whole thread.

SpywareBlaster works great.

I use 3 browsers Firefox mostly last few weeeks. Opera is next in line. And IE as a last resort.

I think Avant sux, just like all the IE add-ons. Cause thats what it & many so-called "browsers" are. They are dependent on IE not separate stand alones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123