18 39.13%
  • I'm not American but I don't want either to win

7 15.22%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: American Election Poll

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by j2k4@5 April 2004 - 19:22
    Rat-

For all the earth-shaking content of Mr. O'Neill's story and documentation, aided by Suskind's platform, Mr. O'Neill's story isn't getting much traction these days.

Do you wonder why?

I do.

Why don't we wait until Dr. Rice has testified on Thursday, then we can revisit the issue?
    She has decided to testify?

Tell me...is she swearing that she will tell the truth like most other "witnesses" (an Oath)..... I heard that the administration was not fond of appearing before the commission if they had to do this

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+6 April 2004 - 09:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 6 April 2004 - 09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@5 April 2004 - 19:22
    Rat-

For all the earth-shaking content of Mr. O&#39;Neill&#39;s story and documentation, aided by Suskind&#39;s platform, Mr. O&#39;Neill&#39;s story isn&#39;t getting much traction these days.

Do you wonder why?

I do.

Why don&#39;t we wait until Dr. Rice has testified on Thursday, then we can revisit the issue?
    She has decided to testify?

Tell me...is she swearing that she will tell the truth like most other "witnesses" (an Oath)..... I heard that the administration was not fond of appearing before the commission if they had to do this [/b][/quote]
    Yes, she will testify Thursday.

There was no objection to testifying under oath, merely an assertion of executive privilege Bush was hanging onto as a matter of form; she literally does not have to testify, but having won a written concession that Dr. Rice&#39;s appearance before the commission does not constitute precedent, she will be allowed to testify at GWB&#39;s discretion.

There was also the political swashbuckling on display; Bush wanted it to be clear that a large part of the commission&#39;s aim was to take another opportunity to grand-stand before the American public, as Dr. Rice has already testified before the commission in closed session.

There is actually nothing new to be discovered.

So it goes.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456