Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Footy-talk

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    This is why we need a poll to see where people are from.Like NIKKI said "I think we're outnumbered here".

But wait untell I hand out the flyers at the strip clubs for the site guys....then we see who likes american football.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    and i love Football

And you support THAT team?

I wont embarress you by saying who Stoi....

But I agree....how can it be the 'World Series'?

ermmm hello, its not even open to the whole continent, never mind the world....although Id agree if it was, a US team would win.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #33
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    @stoi - it's true that "teams" from other countries aren't involved. I don't agree with this either. But when it comes to the players themselves, most North American sports have players from all over the world. Not all are from the US. Look at hockey for an example (although they don't call it the world championship in hockey, it's the Stanley Cup). There are many European players. Basketball is another good example of this.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Originally posted by NikkiD@13 March 2003 - 17:26
    @stoi - it's true that "teams" from other countries aren't involved. I don't agree with this either. But when it comes to the players themselves, most North American sports have players from all over the world. Not all are from the US. Look at hockey for an example (although they don't call it the world championship in hockey, it's the Stanley Cup). There are many European players. Basketball is another good example of this.
    i agree Nikki, but i would say there are to many (foreigners) in the english football scene, its not the Bergcamps and Zolas either in the premier league, i think they are good for the game, but its the wanabees in the lower divisions that are taking the place of some good youngsters. Its not just in the english league either, the italian and spanish leagues have the same problem.

Also in baseball i would agree that there is a mixture, but in American football i bet over 90% of the players will be American.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by NikkiD@13 March 2003 - 17:26
    This happens in every sport in every country Nikki.....its not what was meant, but i can see how you may have taken it this way.

Its only the 'National' Teams that have no 'foreign' players

...all the domestic leagues have them, hell MOST Premier League players arent English, thats why England have trouble fielding a decent National Squad most times.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@13 March 2003 - 12:19
    But I agree....how can it be the 'World Series'?
    Because we're ARROGANT!

And we would win, but that is irrelevant. It is ridiculous to call it the world series, but their logic is that any player from around the world can play. I played in the minors myself, and there are people from practically any country you can think of in the sport. They can all be eligible for the draft, even if their from Cuba. We don't even trade with these people but we'll lovingly accept their best baseball players if they wish.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    What is the age average of American Football players? I'm not sure but I think some of them are like 40 and according to the Americans, they are still in top form!
    Also, in real Football (soccer), players control the ball with their feet much better than some of the American Football players with their hands!

BTW, don't the American Football players all have beer bellies?

Playing Football (soccer) is like art. You don't need to be short, tall, fat, thin, rich, poor... You just need to love the game.
    Look at the Brazilians. All the big stars grew up extremely poor, but the love for the game and their playing style always delighted the world.
    Football (soccer) unites the countries all around the world, while American Football doesn't.

That's why Football (soccer) is the number one sport in the world!

8. Lounge   -   #38
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    hmmm
    cant wait for euro 2004
    england v turkey
    that gona be a match

9. Lounge   -   #39
    yeahhh here it is again

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234