Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airports

im going on vacation, and i am very worried about my carry on luggage. id like to know what of my electronic equipment will get screwed up. I am carrying on a digital camera with memory card, a gamecube system, gameboy games, an ipod, a digital video camera, a portable dvd player, a gameboy advance sp, a cell phone, 2 walkie talkies. what will get screwed up? What i am worrying about the most is the digital camera. brand new, and from a prior exprience, upon uploading the images to my computer, most were blurred in 1/4 of the picture. I dont want this to happen again. Any advice is welcomed.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Plan on doing a strip search

3. Lounge   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    just dont turn it on

to be even safer, take out the batteries.

and be verry careful with that stuff. if you're seen walking around with it, you'll get mugged.

btw, you cant take all that on carry on.. to much stuff.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    take out the batteries to an ipod? if i take all the batteries out, where do i put em? I do plan to use all this crap upon arriving. And i can fit all the stuff on carry on

5. Lounge   -   #5
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Terminator@3 April 2004 - 23:44
    take out the batteries to an ipod? if i take all the batteries out, where do i put em? I do plan to use all this crap upon arriving. And i can fit all the stuff on carry on
    there is a way to remove the battery from an ipod. but i seriously don't think you'll have problems. just avoid turning them on... how do you think the ipod got to the store you bought it from? it was flown from china or taiwan...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    dont turn them on at what point- before, after, or during the x ray process?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by Terminator@4 April 2004 - 00:17
    im going on vacation, and i am very worried about my carry on luggage. id like to know what of my electronic equipment will get screwed up. I am carrying on a digital camera with memory card, a gamecube system, gameboy games, an ipod, a digital video camera, a portable dvd player, a gameboy advance sp, a cell phone, 2 walkie talkies. what will get screwed up? What i am worrying about the most is the digital camera. brand new, and from a prior exprience, upon uploading the images to my computer, most were blurred in 1/4 of the picture. I dont want this to happen again. Any advice is welcomed.
    Enough stuff geez your going on vacation not a lan party

Just bring a digital camerra and a cell phone and a selection of a gba or ipod
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Terminator@4 April 2004 - 07:13
    dont turn them on at what point- before, after, or during the x ray process?
    My friend took an IPOD on hols with him, don't turn it on from the time you arrive in the Departing airport till the time you leave the arriving air port. the rest of the stuff will be fne, just again don't turn it on.

Gameboy will be fine, so will DVD player,

DONT turn on thephone or walkie talkies, infact i don't think your alowed t take walkie talkies on board on carry on.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Ive been thru xrays with similar equipement and never had a problem - with or without batteries.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    You plan on using walkie talkies and a gamecube from the moment you arrive?

Anyway. The devices won't get damaged because of the x-rays, don't worry about that. I would seriously advise you though NOT to talk into a walkie talkie whilst walking around at the airport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast