Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daylight Savings Debate

My roomie is trying to tell me that in states of Arizona and Ohio, that they dont change their time with daylight savings. It sounds like a bunch of crap to me but he swears by it. Can anyone from these states deny or confirm this?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Arizona for sure.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by sampson@4 April 2004 - 00:59
    My roomie is trying to tell me that in states of Arizona and Ohio, that they dont change their time with daylight savings.  It sounds like a bunch of crap to me but he swears by it.  Can anyone from these states deny or confirm this?
    there is no daylight savings in Arizona but there will be a 1 hour advance in cities in Ohio.

So if ur friend still insists on sleeping one more hour, just let him cuz his boss is gonna kick his ass when he's late.

EDIT: if he works sundays, that is

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Id love to keep hearing responses but also any input on why?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by sampson@4 April 2004 - 01:14
    Id love to keep hearing responses but also any input on why?
    there is no why, it's just is

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think the other state which doesn't use DST is Indiana.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2 a.m. on the last Sunday of October.

Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which does observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states.

I think, on looking at the above list I would assume that where changing the clock does not really affect the day to day business\school attendance then those states do not apply daylight saving time. I am sure that most of the southern states only apply DST to comply with the majority, for business reasons rather than daylight saving. But then again I could be wrong and I am sure this will be pointed out.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    bloody daylight savings

it ended here last week doesn't begin till October

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    But the big question is WHY? Everybody I know hates moving the clocks ahead because we lose an hour of our lives. What is the point!? I know it's supposed to benefit the farmers or something, but I've never been able to figure out how. The days are simply shorter in the winter time - you just have to accept that fact. Constantly moving the clocks back and forth does not accomplish anything! It's just plain annoying. Especially if you have little kids who are used to going to bed and waking up at a certain time. It just screws up everything, and I wish to GOD the government would put a stop to this ridiculous tradition.

(end of rant)

10. Lounge   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    In some areas it is so that the kids can go to or come home from the school in the daylight.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast