Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daylight Savings Debate

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by bigboab@4 April 2004 - 17:34
    In some areas it is so that the kids can go to or come home from the school in the daylight.
    Then maybe schools should start an hour later in the winter time. No, I guess it's easier to make the entire country change their clocks and re-adjust their schedules.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i agree, i think its stupid. i live in maryland. i say we just stop it right now, and just go to work late everyday utill the madness ends

3. Lounge   -   #13
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by some internet site check the source to read more
    About Daylight Saving Time
    See The World Clock for current times and places observing DST at the moment.
    Daylight Saving Time (or Summer Time as it is called in many countries) is a way of getting more out of the summer days by advancing the clocks by one hour during the summer. Then, the sun will appear to rise one hour later in the morning when people are usually asleep anyway, at the benefit of one hour longer evenings when awake: The sunset and sunrise are one hour later than during normal time.

DST could save energy (less artificial light is needed during the evening) and make the country more efficient in addition to the pleasing effect of lighter evenings.

To make DST work, the clocks have to be adjusted one hour ahead when DST begins (during spring), and adjusted back one hour to standard time every autumn. There are many countries observing DST, and many who do not.

Noteuring the months March/April-September/October, the countries on the northern hemisphere are having their summer and may observe DST, while the countries in the southern hemisphere are having winter. During the rest of the year (September/October-March/April) is the opposite: Winter on the northern hemisphere, summer in the southern... and there might be DST in countries south of equator, but there are many exceptions to this.

Benjamin Franklin suggested the method in 1784, but it was first during World War I, in 1916 in several counties in Europe that DST was adopted, although it was proposed several times before, but rejected.

Daylight Saving Time is difficult to predict in future, many countries change the transition days/principles every year because of special happenings or conditions that has happened or will happen.
    Source
    personally i don't like it, cause i have problems to addept to it the 1st week, but then i can't wait for the weekend time is turned back, and have an hour more to spent on a saturday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12