Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Like American Sports

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by shn@4 April 2004 - 22:11
    I'm a volleyball and softball fan myself.  Only because I play them.  I did Gymnastics in high school for a while but I'm beat at that atm.

I like a few other sports like polo and lacrosse.  I get to watch thoose on satellite channels from time to time.

I am not a soccer fan.
    Interesting you are one of very few that don't like any of the "mainstream" sports.

All of those are fun though.

....although I have never played polo.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #52
    BANNED
    Chaps from the Ewe Essay assume that their minor sports like Baseball, Hockey and Football are important because of the money involved.
    Go to Cuba and places like that and ask them how much money they are makeing off the game and the poor quality of the equipment they use where is the money baseball there is much bigger there than anywhere else and is what everyone there does and its because they love it.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    BANNED
    Originally posted by BigBoo@5 April 2004 - 00:53
    ok look at it this ay

american football - rugby
    baseball - cricket
    Those aren't the same

baseball - cricket expically those two

4. Lounge   -   #54
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Busyman+4 April 2004 - 20:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 4 April 2004 - 20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@4 April 2004 - 22:11
    I&#39;m a volleyball and softball fan myself.&nbsp; Only because I play them.&nbsp; I did Gymnastics in high school for a while but I&#39;m beat at that atm.

I like a few other sports like polo and lacrosse.&nbsp; I get to watch thoose on satellite channels from time to time.

I am not a soccer fan.
    Interesting you are one of very few that don&#39;t like any of the "mainstream" sports.

All of those are fun though.

....although I have never played polo. [/b][/quote]
    Well I don&#39;t like mainstream sports as often as some other people but I try not to miss a Big event. Like the Superbowl or what not.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Busyman+5 April 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman @ 5 April 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jazzthefunk@4 April 2004 - 21:35
    <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman
    @5 April 2004 - 01:27
    It also doesn&#39;t require much skill

i disagree can you play @ an international level in "soccer" no you cant because it requires a lot of skill, which you havent got&#33;
    Wtf are you flaming for?

Who said anything about the "international level"?

If there&#39;s a country full of people playing the sport, they juuuust might want to go watch a match. I&#39;m saying that sport is easy to pick up.

Basketball for instance requires much more skill (shooting the ball in the hoop and dribbling), and a special location (a court with flat pavement). [/b][/quote]
    I would say Baseball is the hardes to pick up i mean try swinging at 90mph round baseballs with a round bat

6. Lounge   -   #56
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    SportsWorld&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #57
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Anybody want a game of chess?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by bigboab@5 April 2004 - 01:29
    Anybody want a game of chess?
    I love chess&#33;&#33;&#33;

The geekiest shit I have ever done was play a game of chess over the phone with my ex-girlfriend.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #59
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think the craziest game of chess I ever played was playing &#39;doubles&#39; for money.
    You were not allowed to communicate with your partner. Fastest game I have ever seen for causing fights.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    jetje's Avatar former star
    NBA is my favorite sport to watch, always plenty of action and enough highlights even in games where one gets swept away...

Major league baseball i sfun when it&#39;s the playoffs and world series.
    NFL isn&#39;t my cup of tea, the game is more paused as played in my believes. Also think it&#39;s a strategy game for coaching staffs not for the bright individual players.
    But that&#39;s just as i see it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast