Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Ps2 Be Left On Standby?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    hey, my PS2 has the network adaptor so when I want to reset it I have ot hold teh reset button...then it goes to 'standby mode'. When it is in this mode the lights turn off and the status button goes to red, the fan and cd also stop spinning.

I was wondering if it is safe to leave it in this mode all of the time...as in, when I am done playing a game I will hold the reset button and it will switch to standby and I leave it like this until next time I am playing. I want to do this becuase it is really annoying having to reach nehind the PS2 to flick that power switch.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lick My Lovepump
    Don't see why not.

You leave your PC on 24/7 don't you?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@4 April 2004 - 14:35
    Don't see why not.

You leave your PC on 24/7 don't you?
    actually i dont lol...but i found a fix for the button being all teh way under my desk, i made a switch for it ontop of my desk

anyways, you sure it will be ok? cause since the fan stops moving im afraid of it overheating (not sure if the cpu keeps going in standby)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@4 April 2004 - 18:39
    anyways, you sure it will be ok? cause since the fan stops moving im afraid of it overheating (not sure if the cpu keeps going in standby)
    When the PS2 is on stand-by it's not working, so it will not overheat
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 4th gen+4 April 2004 - 14:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 4 April 2004 - 14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@4 April 2004 - 18:39
    When the PS2 is on stand-by it&#39;s not working, so it will not overheat [/b][/quote]
    ok if ur sure...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+4 April 2004 - 19:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 4 April 2004 - 19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@4 April 2004 - 14:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @4 April 2004 - 18:39

When the PS2 is on stand-by it&#39;s not working, so it will not overheat
    ok if ur sure... [/b][/quote]
    Think about it this way, do you leave your TV on stand-by? Or your Stereo?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 4th gen+4 April 2004 - 15:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 4 April 2004 - 15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@4 April 2004 - 19:25

ok if ur sure...
    Think about it this way, do you leave your TV on stand-by? Or your Stereo? [/b][/quote]
    no but they dont need fans to cool them, and they also dont have switches on the back of them ps2 was badly designed imo.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    My PS2 has been on standby from the day I got it I&#39;ve had it for a while cause when I got it they cost £300, I&#39;ve never had problems leaving it on standby.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+4 April 2004 - 20:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 4 April 2004 - 20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

ok if ur sure... [/b][/quote]
    it shouldn&#39;t overheat because the only thing that&#39;s running in standby mode is the little red LED - the reason you shouldn&#39;t leave it on standby is because it wastes electricity
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    *Grunt*
    It uses very little power on standby, however it has been proven that leaving some tv&#39;s on for long periods of time can cause fire, this may or may not be the same for Ps2&#39;s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast