Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone Unlocking Software

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Mobile Phone Unlocking Software

i was surfing the web, and i came across one of thses Mobile Phone Unlocking Softwares.

what is this? cause i have no idea, but hearing about unlocking software makes me think its like ilegal satelite. am i right? has anyone ever used one of these? how do they work?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Some Mobiles will not work with pay as you go sim cards,
    Yes the idea is ok, but if you want to sell your mobile your stuck.
    I have not used this software but i do know of it.
    Hope of some help
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Mobile phones get locked to certain networks like Vodaphone or Orange and if you want your Sim card to work in a mobile and that phone was orignally bought on a different network then you might have to get the phone unlocked. All you need is some Data Cables or IR-port in some cases and some software to do it.

its not illegal providing the phone isnt stolen and most phone shops will do it for you for a price.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    theres new ones too

search dct4 or 3 if your phone is old

and its nokia only

and all u do is enter a code and it unlocks no cables no hassle

there should be some tutorials too

good luck

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    i know wut a sim card is, but what does this software do?

does it make it so u dont have to pay?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@3 April 2004 - 01:42
    i know wut a sim card is, but what does this software do?

does it make it so u dont have to pay?
    No

I wish

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    No it doesn't mean you have free phone calls

All it does, as stated earlier, is unlock your mobile to allow other networks' sim cards work in your mobile. For example, a Nokia handset normally has the square Orange logo when it was purchased from Orange. If you placed your Vodafone sim card inside, it would not work as your phone is locked.

If you're desperate to have your mobile unlocked, it shouldn't cost no more than £20. Or you can buy the data cable for your mobile and try and find the unlocking software on the Internet. Beware though, as the files are normally pretty small. The unlocker I had ages ago was 244KB, and could have been a virus if I didn't know what I was doing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Samurai@3 April 2004 - 02:08
    No it doesn't mean you have free phone calls

All it does, as stated earlier, is unlock your mobile to allow other networks' sim cards work in your mobile. For example, a Nokia handset normally has the square Orange logo when it was purchased from Orange. If you placed your Vodafone sim card inside, it would not work as your phone is locked.

If you're desperate to have your mobile unlocked, it shouldn't cost no more than £20. Or you can buy the data cable for your mobile and try and find the unlocking software on the Internet. Beware though, as the files are normally pretty small. The unlocker I had ages ago was 244KB, and could have been a virus if I didn't know what I was doing.
    WITH THE DCT4 thing there are no cables needed

www.unlockme.co.uk for more info

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    As far as Nokias go, you could only unlock them with a data cable until one of the software changes on the 3210; after that you needed to either bridge two pins on a chip whilst using the normal programs or 'flash' the phone's software to an unlocked version using the right program & flash file with the proper cable, ie not a data cable.

After some time (and long after my Nokia site was deleted for me) Nokias could be unlocked by entering the correct code on the keypad - the DCT4 models.

BTW phone unlocking has nothing to do with:
    - getting GSM900 phones to work on GSM1800 networks, or
    - getting stolen phones to work again; for that you'd need to change the internally coded serial/IMEI number.

HTH
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    serial number changing on dct4 phones is impossible but still possible with dct3

there are also dct3 calculators too which means enetering a code into the phone which allows u to use all networks so theres no need for cables etc. for that too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast