Thread: Photoshop Don't Recognise Fonts

I added some fonts on WINDOWS fonts folder but when i'm tryng to see the fonts with PHOTOSHOP can't find the new fonts . :helpsmile:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Odd.. Just tested this on my system, and new fonts work fine with my copy of Photoshop CS.

Probably a dumb question, but are the new additions true type (.ttf) or font files (.fon)?

When you added the new fonts to your Fonts folder, did Windows pop up a small dialogue box saying it was installing the new fonts?

Was Photoshop running when you added the new fonts?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Check the name of the fonts...often they have weird names and it takes a while to find em'.
    After you paste them in windows fonts folder a message should come up saying font installed etc. Also do u see em' in Word?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    The fonts are ttf , also Photoshop is closed and i have extracted the fonts from a rar file in to the fonts folder.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try extracting them into a separate folder first and then copying them back into windows fonts folder. After its successfully done it gives your a popup saying font is installed.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    After extracting the fonts, try opening the directory. (Usually C:&#092;WINDOWS&#092;FONTS)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Goto control panel>fonts. Then file>install new fonts. Select the folder where new fonts are located and windows will install them (if you already ectracted the files to the fonts directory it will probaly pop up the message that they are already installed, just ignore this and click ok.)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by namzuf9@5 April 2004 - 00:17
    Goto control panel>fonts. Then file>install new fonts. Select the folder where new fonts are located and windows will install them (if you already ectracted the files to the fonts directory it will probaly pop up the message that they are already installed, just ignore this and click ok.)
    It works, thanks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    BANNED
    OMG SH, you didn&#39;t knew that?