Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Xbox 2, Ps3 Game Revealed

Digital Extremes, the Canadian developer that's worked hand-in-hand with the Epic Games to create versions of Unreal and Unreal Championship on various systems, announced today the development of a new and original game designed specifically for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 2. It's called Dark Sector.
    The trailer, we're told, is not CG, nor is it pre-rendered in any way. According to Digital Extremes, the footage shown here is entirely in-game engine. The new engine is built using potential specs from both future consoles, which are unofficially due sometime in late 2005 or early 2006.
    Very little has been revealed about Dark Sector, which is deliberate on Digital Extremes' part. This trailer is meant as a tech demo entirely designed to impress tech heads, gamers, and potential publishers. We do know it's a first-person shooter based in a futuristic, sci-fi setting, and there are guns, lots and lots of guns.
    view trailer on game-website.

source

if the consoles arent released then how can the create the game on the engine and show in-game footage in the trailers ?

2. Games   -   #2
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Dude read what you quoted
    The new engine is built using potential specs from both future consoles, which are unofficially due sometime in late 2005 or early 2006.
    They didnt use the engine that will be in those consoles.

But i don't belive gfx will be that good, seems impossible Imagine the size of the game with such beauty. It would prolly use double layer double sided dvds

3. Games   -   #3
    Lick My Lovepump
    Isn't this the same one being made for the PC?

How come a lot of games don't even go anywhere near a console till testing stage?

Because you don't use a bloody PS2 to make PS2 games. MACs and PCs are used

4. Games   -   #4
    look athe the trailer...

<span style=&#39;font-size:14pt;line-height:100%&#39;>FUCK</span>

the lightings , the textures , etc etc etc are simple amazing..

ut 2004 - 2 yrs to develop - 6 cd&#39;s - mediaocre -- good graphics
    doom3 - in the 4th year - will be about 6 to 8 cd&#39;s (aprox) -- graphics just about as good as this game (dark sector)
    dark sector - 6 years to dev(could be) - 8 to 15 cd&#39;s or 3 dvd&#39;s or one expensive dvd (ha ha ha ha) -- amazing graphics

bottom line -- wat the fuc is goin on ??

ok. fine not that engine but how could that be in game footage ??
    they must be wrking on this game from like 1995 or somthin.
    mabye it is ...
    i dont know man..

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Sony are using 50GB dual layer blu ray discs on the ps3.

6. Games   -   #6
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by j4y3m@5 April 2004 - 20:08
    Bluray doesn&#39;t go to 50gb yet, its 30gb.

And about the guy who said they&#39;ve been dev since 1995, I think its 3 years (or I might be mixed up with Pariah).

It did use the Unreal engine, but they&#39;ve switched to their own in house engine.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat+5 April 2004 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 5 April 2004 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j4y3m@5 April 2004 - 20:08
    Bluray doesn&#39;t go to 50gb yet, its 30gb.

And about the guy who said they&#39;ve been dev since 1995, I think its 3 years (or I might be mixed up with Pariah).

It did use the Unreal engine, but they&#39;ve switched to their own in house engine. [/b][/quote]
    Currently, BD-ROMs can hold up to 25GB of data--about five times the volume of a standard DVD disc--and double-layered 50GB BD-ROMs will be appearing within the year.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/03...s_6092605.html

8. Games   -   #8
    Lick My Lovepump
    Ok, so I made a mistake, but to redeem myself:
    According to a report by Asahi PC magazine, Sony may be considering using Blu-ray Disc

So we are both wrong.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@5 April 2004 - 21:52
    Ok, so I made a mistake, but to redeem myself:
    According to a report by Asahi PC magazine, Sony may be considering using Blu-ray Disc

So we are both wrong.
    Or maybe gamespot is wrong.

10. Games   -   #10
    Personally, I don&#39;t find this game all that impressive. Looks like a mediocre pre-render that was turned into a real-time game. I found the Film-Noir XNA demo much more impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast