Thread: Event Viewer Help

Poster
    Does anyone know why under eventviewer I keep getting this message every couple of minites.
    It's something to do with my network hardware but is it a error or something?

"The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{84F14F87-30D3-429B-8740-4B85505B8CAA} was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Since the 4/4/04 I've had 2,148 messages saying that exact same thing
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@8 April 2004 - 16:15
    Does anyone know why under eventviewer I keep getting this message every couple of minites.
    It's something to do with my network hardware but is it a error or something?

"The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{84F14F87-30D3-429B-8740-4B85505B8CAA} was connected to the network, and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Since the 4/4/04 I've had 2,148 messages saying that exact same thing
    im guessing your internet is through a network\ethernet card right? do you ever notice a little icon coming up at the bottom right every few minutes saying netowrk cable has been unplugged then it immediately goes away? my old computer used to do that, and id get the same message in my event viewer. i had to replace the network card, that was the only way to fix it. no driver updates were helping.

if you use teh ethernet card try updating the drivers, if that doesnt help then you might need to buy a new one, or it could just be a problem with your ethernet cable.... and if you dont use ethernet then you can disable it by going to the network connections folder through control panel and right clicking the network connection and clicking disable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Yea I do get that but only when my ethernet cable is not plugged into my laptop, But I've been having this problem long before I had the ethernet so I'm guessing it's something to do with my wireless network card?
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by AcID ZeR0@8 April 2004 - 16:27
    Yea I do get that but only when my ethernet cable is not plugged into my laptop, But I've been having this problem long before I had the ethernet so I'm guessing it's something to do with my wireless network card?
    Ya it may be loosing the signal...can you check what your signal strength is? monitor it for a few minutes and see if it gets really low at any times, and if it does then see if it came up in the event viewer.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    I was setting a wireless network up on Tuesday, and the pc kept losing it's connection. I had set up encryption to make the network secure, but there was also a check box which was asking about 802.11 verification.

I've seen something about this recently although I can't remember what it does, but the advice was to uncheck that box unless you absolutely need it. Maybe you've got that box checked. After I unchecked it the pc didn't lose it's connection once.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.