Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Router Is Stopping My Internet Connection

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    my router is messing up my internet. every hour or so, the internet disconnects, along with all my bt dls and stuff. then i unplug the power cord to the rounter, and plug it back in, and it works great again. it's really annoying. how can i fix this?

and is it supposed to run "warm"? it's hotter than my hand for sure

and 1 more thing, does having 8 ports forwarded on that router affect any of this? i have quite a few ports opened on there

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    it could be pretty much anything causing the problem....

im not sure about the heat though, mine is also very hot, i find that sometimes i cant connect to the config page (says busy, thats all, just busy) so I have to unplug it for about 10 minutes, to cool down i think, then wonce its cool it will go into config. im not sure why its overheating but i find that if i tilt it on its side teh heat can get out better becasue the vents are on the sides, instead of the top (wierd design). if i have it on the side i never hae any problems with it so maybe you could try the same?

or try updating the firmware on it. whats the comany and model?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    im just replying on this topic because the title made me laugh

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@5 April 2004 - 20:18

im not sure about the heat though, mine is also very hot, i find that sometimes i cant connect to the config page (says busy, thats all, just busy) so I have to unplug it for about 10 minutes, to cool down i think, then wonce its cool it will go into config. im not sure why its overheating but i find that if i tilt it on its side teh heat can get out better becasue the vents are on the sides, instead of the top (wierd design). if i have it on the side i never hae any problems with it so maybe you could try the same?

it's a us robotics. forgot the model, but it's the cheapest broaband 4 port router.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 April 2004 - 20:57
    it's the cheapest broaband 4 port router.
    could be the problem...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hmm... my old router had a problem similar to that. my newer one doesn't do that at all. the connection would start out strong, then it would gradually get worse and worse till i had to reboot the router.

you might wanna check to see if the manufacturer offers a firmware update for the router, and ask your ISP to test your line and make sure there's nothing wrong with it. if all else fails... you might need to just toss the router and get a different model.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    it says

This product does not require drivers or firmware.
    here's the link

http://www.usr.com/products/networking/rou...asp?sku=USR8003

shouldn't be a bad router. i just got it a few months ago.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+5 April 2004 - 17:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 5 April 2004 - 17:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@5 April 2004 - 20:18

it&#39;s a us robotics. forgot the model, but it&#39;s the cheapest broaband 4 port router. [/b][/quote]
    Abu your honest to a fault got to luv it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by peat moss+5 April 2004 - 23:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 5 April 2004 - 23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@5 April 2004 - 17:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @5 April 2004 - 20:18

it&#39;s a us robotics. forgot the model, but it&#39;s the cheapest broaband 4 port router.
    Abu your honest to a fault got to luv it [/b][/quote]
    huh?

anyways, it just happened again, and that&#39;s after i tipped it over to stand on it&#39;s side. i was doing 300kb/s on bt too&#33;&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@5 April 2004 - 21:19
    hmm... my old router had a problem similar to that. my newer one doesn&#39;t do that at all. the connection would start out strong, then it would gradually get worse and worse till i had to reboot the router.

you might wanna check to see if the manufacturer offers a firmware update for the router, and ask your ISP to test your line and make sure there&#39;s nothing wrong with it. if all else fails... you might need to just toss the router and get a different model.
    does ur old model get worse and worse? what model was it? and wat&#39;s ur new one?

can anyone help me with this? it&#39;s really pissing me off.

btw, i got the for free after rebate on black friday last year. it&#39;s not a bad router, just got a good deal on it. don&#39;t c y it fukin my connection so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast