Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay Tv Card

Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+8 April 2004 - 02:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 8 April 2004 - 02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shoutman@7 April 2004 - 21:00
    @3RA1N1AC
    I looked at them and they look good, but im not sure if they will work here, so i think i might have to ring up and find out. But thanks for your help

@ROSSCO_2004

All my TV card has is an antenna port, so i think i might need a new card. Bu thnx
    oh alright, well the digibox thingy should have cable output (coaxial, or antenna) and you just plug that directly into your tv card...and use teh digibox to change channels. [/b][/quote]
    ok i think i will do that, but i have a problem, im not sure if my tv card is working properly, becuase i had to reboot ( use start-up cds) my system and i havent used the card since because I have lost the software for it. Its Winfast XP Deluxe edition but i cant test it because i have nothing to use it with, so is it posibly to use another program to use my card or does anyone know how i could get a copy of the Winfast software?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman+10 April 2004 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shoutman @ 10 April 2004 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@8 April 2004 - 02:11
    <!--QuoteBegin-shoutman
    @7 April 2004 - 21:00
    @3RA1N1AC
    I looked at them and they look good, but im not sure if they will work here, so i think i might have to ring up and find out. But thanks for your help

@ROSSCO_2004

All my TV card has is an antenna port, so i think i might need a new card. Bu thnx

oh alright, well the digibox thingy should have cable output (coaxial, or antenna) and you just plug that directly into your tv card...and use teh digibox to change channels.
    ok i think i will do that, but i have a problem, im not sure if my tv card is working properly, becuase i had to reboot ( use start-up cds) my system and i havent used the card since because I have lost the software for it. Its Winfast XP Deluxe edition but i cant test it because i have nothing to use it with, so is it posibly to use another program to use my card or does anyone know how i could get a copy of the Winfast software? [/b][/quote]
    first off, dont get reboot and formatting the hard drive, or reinstalling your opperating confused. rebooting just means to either shutdown or to restart the computer...

anyways, any software should work with your tv card, as long as you have the drivers for it. if you do not have the drivers you can download the latest ones from the manufacturers website. then for the software im not sure what programs are good other than winfast. but you can probably find winfast on kazaa lite or some other file sharing program.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    will any software work? coz my card is Leadtek, so if i use another will it still work, also do u know of any other PVR software?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman@10 April 2004 - 23:11
    will any software work? coz my card is Leadtek, so if i use another will it still work, also do u know of any other PVR software?
    well first start by trying to find the winfast software on a p2p network.

yes most other programs will work with ur card, but you gotta get them drivers first...

and no i dont know of any other software except for winfast sorry.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    well doesnt seem to be on kazaa or irc, any others??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Virtualdub has a built-in capture/tuner program. just click File -> "Capture AVI" to switch to viewing mode, and select your source under the Video tab. that program is pretty much no-frills, but you can watch video & tv sources with it, and it&#39;s good for capturing high bitrate AVIs (like HuffyUV, not DivX).

for something a bit more fancy, Intervideo&#39;s WinDVR is really good for viewing stuff and capturing straight to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 (VCD & SVCD formats).

PowerLink&#39;s PowerVCR II also seems good. it&#39;s similar to WinDVR. but i couldn&#39;t use it because it didn&#39;t handle the audio correctly with my ATI TV Wonder card. prolly doesn&#39;t have that problem with other brands of tuner cards.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ive actually got the Winfast Card Software now but for some reason it says cannot find capture device. I have no idea whats wrong?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman@11 April 2004 - 03:55
    ive actually got the Winfast Card Software now but for some reason it says cannot find capture device. I have no idea whats wrong?
    wtf, i told u twice, you gotta install the driver for the card FIRST before the software.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    i have, i downloaded the latest from the leadtek site, but thats all i have to do right? I just extracted them to a folder and it should work. But if i have done it wrong do i need to uninstall the software.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    ok forget what i said before i have installed the drivers. But for some reason I cant get TV, I can only get S-Video and CVBS???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast