Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay Tv Card

Hey,
    im looking for a TV card that is able to have Pay Tv on it. I have a Winfast PVR card but that only does free to air tv, i live in australia and we get AUSTAR which is used by a satellite so i would need a card to work for that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    your not goin to find one unless u hack it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nah i have pay tv, im not trying to get illegaly i just want the pay tv on my computer

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    You should be able to plug the digibox or whatever into the back of your TV card and pick up whatever is broadcast, shouldn't you?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    u could try calling up ur satilite provider and asking them about it?

B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    i cant with the card i got now so i need a card to just plug it into

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman@7 April 2004 - 07:08
    i cant with the card i got now so i need a card to just plug it into
    does your current card have an rca plug input like this:

if so your digibox on your tv should have an output with that is also rca. you plug a wire like the one below into the output on your digibox and input on your tvcard.

here is the wire:

and for sound you plug in a wire like the one below. the red and white ends plug into the sound output on your digibox, and the other end plugs into your line-in on your soundcard.

here is a pic of the sound wire:

then you turn on the digibox when you want to watch and you use it to change channels.

ok, good luck! and if your card doesnt have rca input you can do the same with Svideo. and if by any chance your card has coaxial input (tv cable wires) just plug a coaxial cable from the digibox to your tvcard and you wont need a seperate sound wire.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    there are PCI cards designed to tune satellite broadcasts, and they include a slot to insert your satellite access card. just poking around on google, i've found products that seem to be specifically for europe. i dunno if there are any tuners that'll work with your satellite company (or even if they'll work in australia at all) 'cause companies use different types of signals and scrambling methods.

examples:
    http://www.y.net.ye/falak/satcard.htm
    http://www.y.net.ye/falak/Visiondtv.htm

no idea whether this would work with your service. you'd prolly have to dig around a bit, to find out if there is such a device that's compatible with Austar.

your sole option may be to simply connect your satellite receiver to your PC via an analogue capture card, which would give you less than stellar display quality. maybe not poor, but not as good as having a satellite tuner inside the PC.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    @3RA1N1AC
    I looked at them and they look good, but im not sure if they will work here, so i think i might have to ring up and find out. But thanks for your help

@ROSSCO_2004

All my TV card has is an antenna port, so i think i might need a new card. Bu thnx

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shoutman@7 April 2004 - 21:00
    @3RA1N1AC
    I looked at them and they look good, but im not sure if they will work here, so i think i might have to ring up and find out. But thanks for your help

@ROSSCO_2004

All my TV card has is an antenna port, so i think i might need a new card. Bu thnx
    oh alright, well the digibox thingy should have cable output (coaxial, or antenna) and you just plug that directly into your tv card...and use teh digibox to change channels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast