Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got My Seagate 80gb Hdd Sata

Poster
    hey guys, some of you might know already, but i just got my HDD about 2 hours ago.

ive installed it into my computer, but windows isnt picking it up.... i formatted it (thanks to my motherboard GA - 7N400 Pro 2)

but where do i go from here?

its not under My Computer

am i missing something... the HDD didnt come with any drivers...

i still have my old HDD in

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What do you mean that you "formatted it (thanks to my motherboard GA - 7N400 Pro 2)" ?

How does a motherboard model number format a drive?

Anyway... Right click on My Computer and select Manage>Disk Management. Create partition(s) and then format.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i mean i formatted the HDD using the options that the motherboard gives ya when ya boot.

F4 i think....

anyway... your suggestion above... will this format my new HDD or my 60Gb shit one

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@6 April 2004 - 20:58
    What do you mean the you "formatted it (thanks to my motherboard GA - 7N400 Pro 2)" ?

How does a motherboard model number format a drive?

Anyway... Right click on My Computer and select Manage>Disk Management. Create partition(s) and then format.
    I like your line of thinking, VB! My mobo formatted my HDD!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by dray_02@6 April 2004 - 21:06
    i mean i formatted the HDD using the options that the motherboard gives ya when ya boot.

F4 i think....

anyway... your suggestion above... will this format my new HDD or my 60Gb shit one
    The Seagate drive came with a CD and some software. Install it and read the manual. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by adamp2p+7 April 2004 - 17:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p &#064; 7 April 2004 - 17:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dray_02@6 April 2004 - 21:06

F4 i think....

The Seagate drive came with a CD and some software. Install it and read the manual. B) [/b][/quote]
    lol ur wrong mate.

anyway ive figured it out. cheerz VB

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    hey do you know how i can install XP on the new HDD..?

either my cd is scratched or it aint booting correctly.... either way i cant seem to figure out how to install the OS on my new HDD

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by dray_02@6 April 2004 - 21:23
    hey do you know how i can install XP on the new HDD..?

either my cd is scratched or it aint booting correctly.... either way i cant seem to figure out how to install the OS on my new HDD
    Make sure that the system is configured to boot from the HDD ONLY. Play with jumper configs.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    dray , you are dangerous and shouldnt be workin on your own comp

that format you said you did , is actualy a low level format, and should Never be done on drives over 32gig

now, if you have installed the drive correctly and you havnt stuffed it by using that incorrect format option

you need to have the xp cd in the cdrom and when your computer boots, it will ask you to hit anykey if you want to boot from the cd , and you install xp from thre

if it doesnt ask you that question , you need to ensure the bios is set to first boot from cdrom,

if it still dont work you have a bad copied xp disk , prob coppied by you i would expect

get another xp and try again

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    dude, i tried all that...

damnit i must have a scratched CD....

cause when it boots from the cd room, it just sits there with this lil blinking underscore in the top left corner....

oh well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast