Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .au To .mp3 File Converter?

Poster
    Does anyone know of software that converts .au files to .mp3 files or .wav files. thanks for any help in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Wow that's a first. Where did you get Sun Audio format from. That's mainly on old Sun Unix systems.

I had a few and I used Riverpast to convert them to mp3.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I tried that but everytime I pressed the convert button the program would shutdown. what do you think I should do. thanks for the help.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by dbs@6 April 2004 - 23:51
    I tried that but everytime I pressed the convert button the program would shutdown. what do you think I should do. thanks for the help.
    It happened to me too. It's strange because I switched to another box that had directx 9 instead of 8 and it worked.

Try uninstalling it and cleaning out the registry and installing it again. I went through a few obstacles converting them to mp3 but I really needed to convert them so I had no choice since I looked and could not find any other program to do it. I even tried doing it on *nix no luck. Only thing that worked was that program.

How big are the files? I bet I can convert them for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    thanks for the help. ill try what you said. but justin case the files are about 2-3mb each, some less. and I have a big 12mb one. there are about 8 or 9 of them.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    dbpoweramp has an au audio codec add-on
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by dbs@7 April 2004 - 00:13
    thanks for the help. ill try what you said. but justin case the files are about 2-3mb each, some less. and I have a big 12mb one. there are about 8 or 9 of them.
    Well my host won't allow that big of size. Plus that's a lot. You got some big .au files there bud

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    h1
    The desperate person would use Winamp's DiskWriter output plugin.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    if your using winamp get the mp3 output plugin. It is there somewere on thire site.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    thanks a lot 4thgen dbpoweramp worked very well. well thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast