Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips

Poster
    My dad is taking me to meet someone so i can create i website for him, so has anyone got any tips? I know dress smart take a notepad + pen. ummm, i think i know what questions i will be asking etc. So any help?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BANNED
    A good site designer KNOWS what people want by just knowing what they like. Ask them what they like, what is their goal (if it's a company), etc.

3. Lounge   -   #3

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Lick My Lovepump
    Try to find out if he's a perv. If he seems a little horny, slip him a piece of paper with www.younginterns.com written on it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@7 April 2004 - 17:02
    Try to find out if he's a perv. If he seems a little horny, slip him a piece of paper with www.younginterns.com written on it.
    i will

i will ask him what colours etc he wants he already has a website and all im supposed to be doing is adding abit of life to it

6. Lounge   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    do you have any examples of previous websites that you have made?
    The client will have ideas as to what he wants but you will be more likely to get the contract if you can show past work as a suggestion. it will give them an idea of what to expect and also give you a better idea of what they like. Ask if they have seen a website that they would like to emulate.
    The best sites are the ones that look slick but are simple at the same time. Simple smoothe animation can give the impression of complexity but be faster loading and look better.
    Take in their ideas but make them aware of practicalities. A site that needs a lot of navigation can be annoying, however a site that is well laid out with an easy menu that takes the viewer to where they want to be without having to use a map...........
    I only dabble in website design, i started as a project with my son, however in the learning process we did a lot of surfing and found that the best work was the simplest.
    Sites with lots of clutter and over animated took longer to load (and we have broadband) and frankly distracted from the companies business.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    i have created a few websites and have ideas ready to show him and will be doing some but not alot of animation, i am basicly going for colour but at the same not take the idea away that its a company website. Only reason i ask for tips is cos im 15 and am abit unconfident :helpsmile:

I'll get over it though

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    try to find out about the company as much as poss and ask some intelligent Q's based on that - itll make you seem really interested, and youll have stg to say if they ask "so what do you think..."
    <insert signature here>

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Marius24@7 April 2004 - 10:38
    i have created a few websites and have ideas ready to show him and will be doing some but not alot of animation, i am basicly going for colour but at the same not take the idea away that its a company website. Only reason i ask for tips is cos im 15 and am abit unconfident :helpsmile:

I&#39;ll get over it though
    I started at 15. I remember the first time.... pretty nervous...just like a job interview. It&#39;s been 4 years now... oh much more confidence now. Don&#39;t worry...they still see you as a kid, so that&#39;s an advantage

10. Lounge   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by DWk@7 April 2004 - 11:32

I started at 15. I remember the first time.... pretty nervous...just like a job interview. It&#39;s been 4 years now... oh much more confidence now. Don&#39;t worry...they still see you as a kid, so that&#39;s an advantage
    are we still talking about website design?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast