Thread: Fletch Won

Just found out 10 minutes ago: There is going to be a new Fletch film!!!! It is going to be a prequel to the others and is based on the book:

Chevy Chase will not be in this and casting for Irwin M. Fletcher has been rumoured to be shortlisted as:

* Ben Affleck
    * Brad Pitt
    * Jimmy Fallon
    * Adam Sandler

Doesn't seem right without Chevy but Kevin Smith is directing and writing so it should be good

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/atozfletch.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

(sorry, it's actually old news but I only found out when looking for a sig picture)

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    muchspl2
    you know chevy was the biggest asshole on snl, if fact I believe everyone always said they hated working with him, might want to check out "live from NY" I've been trying to find a e-book are even better a audio rip of it but no luck
    (Entertainment Weekly) -- One thing you may want to know about ''Saturday Night Live'' is that, from copious evidence offered in ''Live From New York,'' a lot of people, no matter which cast of any era, disliked Chevy Chase.

Chase -- the first Not Ready for Prime Time Player to both become a star and leave the show -- was ''resented,'' says Bill Murray, who once got into a fistfight with him when Chase returned to host ''SNL.'' In the mid-'80s, Chevy hosted again; when openly gay cast member Terry Sweeney asked, ''What would you like me to do for you?'' Chase replied, ''Well, you can start by licking my b---s.''

Tim Meadows says, ''He has no qualm about telling you you're an idiot...treating people real bad.'' Will Ferrell, who recently left the show himself, says, ''The worst host was Chevy Chase.... [He'd] scream and yell and you would look at him, and he'd see you were looking at him and he would smile like, 'I'm just joking.' We'd be like, 'No, I don't think you are.'''

''Live From New York'' is an oral history compiled -- with occasional pert interstitial chronology added -- by Tom Shales and James Andrew Miller.

source

but for that movie, sounds great, kevin smith is a great director

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    [He'd] scream and yell and you would look at him, and he'd see you were looking at him and he would smile like, 'I'm just joking.' We'd be like, 'No, I don't think you are.'''
    I'm still a fan

Thanks for the info about the "Live From New York" book, I'll look out for that (didn't know there was one and it sounds good)

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    wait...
    people actually liked those piece of shit movies?
    Chevy Chase is a murderer!And he was only ever funny on SNL!
    and yes, i happen to be Chevy Chase

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by mastapowerful@23 April 2004 - 18:17
    wait...
    people actually liked those piece of shit movies?
    Chevy Chase is a murderer!And he was only ever funny on SNL!
    and yes, i happen to be Chevy Chase
    This makes no kind of sense.

I liked the Fletch movies for what they were, they killed a couple of hours. Chevy Chase is kind of cool as well.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Of those choices I think Jimmy Fallon would make the best Fletch, if they wanted to keep it true to the other films. I suppose Adam Sandler would be alright, but I think he'd take it in a whole different direction.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Just read that apparently Jason Lee is a favorite for the role. With Kevin Smith directing it I guess he'll top the list.

Still got to wait until 2006 as KS is working on the Green Hornet first