Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Temps

Poster
    well its startign to get hot around my house and the temps are in the 80s outside. i have the hottest room in my house and i nvr really get the full effect of the ac,s o my cpu temps are starting to go up since my room isnt sufficently cooled. my temps before the hot weather were around 40 degrees Celsius, but now they are constantly hovering around 50 degress Celsuis. i am also overclocking so that my be a problem, but i have been overclocking for awhile now even before the hot weather. well i have an extra fan slot in my case that doenst have a fan in it, so should i buy a new fan? will this decrease the the temps alot so i can be sure my cpu wont overheat? im also thinking of getting round cable to increase air flow, are these a good investment? is there better airflow?

thanx

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    wat r ur room temps? 50 isn't 2 bad

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    not sure about room temps, but the 50 degress is wen my cpu is idling, so wen i paly a game it shoots way up. id rather be safe then sorry so should i get more fans? or the round cables?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    well, rounded cables would be nice. but more fans blowing hot air wouldn't help either. exactly how high does it go on full load?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    not sure the highest its ever gotten, but i imagine that it gets pretty high, becuz i run a counter strike server 24/7 and i also play counterstrike and listen to music all at once. i would say atleast 60, a couple times it cut off on me and jsut restarted with no reason.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Depends where this fan is going to go in your case. If its gonna go on top or the back as exhaust it will be a good investment, if its going at the bottom of the case in teh front or just on the bottom then you should make it intake.

Tell us your current fan placement, and where there are spaces for a new fan.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i have one slot open in the front off my case infront of the hard drives. i can also mount one on the top of it, there is not a true space for one but i think i might can get one to stay up there. i alreadty have one on the side in th acrylic window and one on the back.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by volskid2002@8 April 2004 - 20:56
    i have one slot open in the front off my case infront of the hard drives. i can also mount one on the top of it, there is not a true space for one but i think i might can get one to stay up there. i alreadty have one on the side in th acrylic window and one on the back.
    ok well in my experiences the air from the front intake fan's air doesnt reach the cpu...atleast not from an 80mm fan at 12v...I only have on in the front of my case because it cools my hard drive(which doesnt have a sensor )

The side panel one should be intake, the back of the case one should be exhaust...and the front one obviously intake...

If you are the building type, and want to screw around with your case, a good idea would be to buy a 120mm fan + a fan grill, and cut a whole in the top of your case for it. Use this as exhaust. Run it at full speed. Then experiment with having your rear exhaust fan running as intake or as exhaust. see which is better...but always have the top fan as exhaust becuase HOT AIR RISES. just remember that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    okay so the side is intake? my side feels like it is blowing air out? how can i tell?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    take the side of the case of and put your hand on the inside you will feel blowing. what you are feeling is the air being sucked in, not blown out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast