Thread: Extra File...

What, where, who is this extra invisible file in my shared folder? I have 7 files in there but on the bottom of the Kazaa screen it says I'm sharing 8. It's not a hidden file or a temp file as far as I can tell. Avast, Nod32, Spybot S&D, Ad-aware and various trojan hunters can't find anything. Uninstall - reinstall....no help. What the hell?...Anyone?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    Using the default port?

Click here

Not using the default port? Copy 127.0.0.1 into your browser and add : followed by the port onto the end, e.g. 127.0.0.1:12345 for port 12345
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    AHA!!!....thanx 4th gen...found that sucka!....thumbs.db....now how do I get rid of it?

Or do I?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by spooger~@10 April 2004 - 19:14
    AHA!!!....thanx 4th gen...found that sucka!....thumbs.db....now how do I get rid of it?
    Go into your shared folder, go to Tools>folder options. Then check the box which says "do not cache thumbnails". Uncheck "hide protected operating system files" and you should see the thumbs.db file
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mission accomplished...thanx again for your time 4th gen...u da man!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by spooger~@10 April 2004 - 19:28
    mission accomplished...thanx again for your time 4th gen...u da man!
    Glad to help out

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    b4icu's Avatar Greater Demon
    what exactly does the thumbs file do? is it needed for any programs (ie. acdsee, windows viewer, etc.)?
    Never miss a good chance to shut up

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by b4icu@10 April 2004 - 22:08
    what exactly does the thumbs file do? is it needed for any programs (ie. acdsee, windows viewer, etc.)?
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/thumbnail_cache.htm

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.