Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobo Bundles

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Lamsey+9 April 2004 - 09:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 9 April 2004 - 09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 12:43
    Usefull stuff again guys, particularly didn&#39;t realise about the windows re-install. It&#39;s probably due one anyway tho&#39; so that&#39;s not a problem.

I like the novatech option. I am willing to spend up to a couple of hundred pounds, tho&#39; less if possible.

Tho&#39; I have just seen a system at the site Liam recommended for that price. It may be a better option just to get that.
    If you&#39;re willing to spend a couple of hundred you could probably get (off the top of my head) an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard, an Athlon XP 2500+, a decent cooler and a 512MB stick of DDR333 RAM to match - that would make an excellent machine for the price IMO.

I would NOT recommend getting the RAM from World Of Computers, they don&#39;t stock reliable brands. I&#39;d highly recommend http://www.crucial.com - excellent memory, reasonable prices and free delivery

Here&#39;s the link for the RAM stick I mentioned: http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/PartSpecs....464Z335&cat=RAM [/b][/quote]
    or he could go with two sitcks of 256 instead of 512 because the a7n8x board supports dualchannel memory. And he could get pc3200 instead of pc2700 ram and that will leave open the oppurtunity for overclocking later on, if he wants to...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@9 April 2004 - 05:43
    Usefull stuff again guys, particularly didn&#39;t realise about the windows re-install. It&#39;s probably due one anyway tho&#39; so that&#39;s not a problem.
    yeh... with a lot of upgrades such as CPU, memory, graphics card, sound card, etc etc, Windows is able to boot in normal fashion and detect the new component. but installing a new motherboard can be a bit too much for it to handle. you may be lucky and find it starting up perfectly well. but if it doesn&#39;t, a Windows repair (also called a "partial reinstall," to distinguish it from a reformat) should set it straight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12