Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zalman Cnps7000a Fan Wont Install

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    man, my how did that 1.2 my aunt uses not fry? strange...

Anyways. yes, the fan was at all times in contact with the cpu.. I took a good look at it before i started it up.

I'm gonna actually goto compusa or somethin today and get me this one heatsink they got that clips on and runs at 32db. Then i'm gonna get this case fan called Smart fan which changes speeds depending on how hot your computer is. I ordered some Dynomat sound reduction material plus some Pow Max Sound Dampener. Both of those when applyed to this inside of the case shall quiet it down. Maybe i'll add a basic muffler Input/Output with an extra case fan to the back of my pc allowing even more sound reduction.

I took a look a Yoshi's Y-S2 project, and i'm going for like somewhat of a 20-28 db computer. His was like 8db-14db, but the techtv musta gave the guy $900-$1000 for those parts.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hmm got the new fans and stuff, but it's having problems. The computer starts up and then after about 20 seconds.. the screen turns black and the bios makes a noise that goes: Baaaaah Buuuuuuh Baaaaaah Buuuuuuh and it continues forever. Is this a burnt up cpu, because the computer can still start up. I tried again later and opened MOBO Moniter. It said WARNING CPU is at 78 C, please turn your computer off. WTF it cant get that hot that damn fast with a new proper heatsink installed.

Btw, i think there was too much thermal greese on the cpu because it had left over greese all over the chip from too many retrys. Does this cause overheating problems? I can try cleaning it all off with rubbing alcohol and que tips. I'll get back to yall on what happends.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    always clean up the goop left over after removing a fan b4 installing a new fan. the old goop will not conduct heat nearly as well.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    your being very careless with this..

cpu's fry very easily and should be handled with care, especially cooling-wise.

remove the old thermal pad and thermal paste etc on the cpu and heatsync. then apply a teeny bit to the heatsync and rub it in, it should be rubbed in so well that the only way you know it is there is because the middle will be slighty discolored (this is because you dont rub it on the sides of the bottom, only around the middle area where it makes contact with the cpu core). now put another tiny bit onto the cpu and spread it on with a credit card. only put it on the core in the middle, not on the rest of the chip. make a smooth top which is consistent throughout the top of the core, no spots with none on it. then put on the heatsync, and boot er up.

Complete application instructions can be found here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12