Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-existent Upload Speed

Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by wildhorse@12 March 2003 - 13:59
    When I referred to the unlimited upload & capped 16 kb/s upload, I was referring to my own ISP.

ok, that's cleared up

if it's capped at 16kbits, there's nothing you can do except changing ISP....
    if it's in Bytes you could check if your firewall does'nt give problems
    'English impaired'

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mivaro+12 March 2003 - 14:13--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mivaro @ 12 March 2003 - 14:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wildhorse@12 March 2003 - 13:59
    When I referred to the unlimited upload & capped 16 kb/s upload, I was referring to my own ISP.

ok, that&#39;s cleared up

if it&#39;s capped at 16kbits, there&#39;s nothing you can do except changing ISP....
    if it&#39;s in Bytes you could check if your firewall does&#39;nt give problems [/b][/quote]
    There you go&#33;

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    By the sound of it, his ISP is packet-shaping (read THROTTLING) all outgoing ip packets on port 1214 -- in short, Kazaa&#39;s upload port is getting strangled by his ISP.

Trying a different ip port *MIGHT* help.

But otherwise, get another file sharing program and try uploading on it as well to see if speeds are any better. (You&#39;ll probably need to change THEIR default ip ports as well&#33

I recommend BitTorrent, and try to get a tv show on it. If you set it up correctly (you have to port-forward if you&#39;re behind a router), it should work at nearly the full speed of your connection for uploading and roughly the same speed (or even MUCH faster) for downloading. Just only try to get 1 file at a time through it or you could overload your computer with simultaneous connects - if you&#39;re on Win 9x/ME&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Again Offer sincere thanks to all that took the time to offer suggestions & help. I confirmed the set upload speed with my ISP & it is capped at 16 kilobytes but when there are only 2 cable ISp&#39;s in Australia , I have no choice, the other ISP ( which I dont use being Telstra ) is a joke.
    I will try the suggestion switeck suggests & try bit torrent & see how it goes there. I will let u know how things go.

Again my thanks for all that helped.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    well, after a little bit of reading at a speed tweak site, added a couple of tweeks for XP pro, & re configured the QoS packet scheduler, I have a bit better upload speed. have not had any 0.00 kb/s uploads as yet ( touch wood ), most now seem to average out to around 5-7 kb/s , tho a couple have been at 14 kb/s. Tho still small upload speeds I know, but a lot better than my 1.07 - 0.00 kb/s upload speed & with just short of 300 files I have made available for upload, I hope it gets a great deal better.

Regards to all David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12