Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough Is A Fucking Nough

Originally posted by muchspl2@11 April 2004 - 16:31
    he is the reason we have the anti spam to begin with
    And I'm the guy who broke the lounge the lounge to give us the talk club but if if he can sort out this anti-spam crap I say "PM the guy Rookie!!!!"

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #112
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by samsamsamsam+11 April 2004 - 17:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samsamsamsam @ 11 April 2004 - 17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@11 April 2004 - 16:31
    And I&#39;m the guy who broke the lounge the lounge to give us the talk club but if if he can sort out this anti-spam crap I say "PM the guy Rookie&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;" [/b][/quote]
    Loungebreaker

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #113
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    7th was contacted a few days ago, as far as I know, rookie&#39;s waiting for a response.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #114
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@11 April 2004 - 18:21
    7th was contacted a few days ago, as far as I know, rookie&#39;s waiting for a response.

I hope he does manage to reply

Otherwise, we&#39;re gonna have to consider either living with it or resetting the forum :helpsmile:

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #115
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@11 April 2004 - 15:31
    This isn&#39;t directed at anyone I&#39;m just quoting so my point is in context.

If someone uses an anti-spam script on the board wouldn&#39;t it be easier just to ban scripts like these and then either moderate or, in extreme cases, ban any offenders if they persist?

Seems to me introducing an anti-spam script was just a little too much, it&#39;s like nuking a building when all youreally need is a SWAT team to go in.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #116
    muchspl2
    never even herd of a spam bot until this thread https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...=104349&st=240

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #117
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Withcheese+11 April 2004 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 11 April 2004 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@11 April 2004 - 15:31
    This isn&#39;t directed at anyone I&#39;m just quoting so my point is in context.

If someone uses an anti-spam script on the board wouldn&#39;t it be easier just to ban scripts like these and then either moderate or, in extreme cases, ban any offenders if they persist?

Seems to me introducing an anti-spam script was just a little too much, it&#39;s like nuking a building when all youreally need is a SWAT tema to go in. [/b][/quote]
    The problem is while this anti-spam IS a good idea, the current incarnation doesn&#39;t work.

Anytime you are NOT spamming and it tells you that you are, then it is not identifying spam properly.

It reminds me of an improperly applied email blacklist.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #118
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@11 April 2004 - 04:44
    quit yer whining and just copy the post to your clipboard before pressing the button, you bunch of sissies.
    I was wondering when someone would say that. Or hit your back button and get it from there. Why re-type it all?

Course, if you typed as slow as I do you need to know these things. But that also limits my experience with the spam feature

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #119
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani+11 April 2004 - 17:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 11 April 2004 - 17:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3RA1N1AC@11 April 2004 - 04:44
    quit yer whining and just copy the post to your clipboard before pressing the button, you bunch of sissies.
    I was wondering when someone would say that. Or hit your back button and get it from there. Why re-type it all?

Course, if you typed as slow as I do you need to know these things. But that also limits my experience with the spam feature

TD [/b][/quote]
    Of course you can go back and copy & paste your posts but it&#39;s an inconvience that is not really needed...no other forum has this little game of russian roulette so why here?

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #120
    Hasn&#39;t bothered me and I could keep it or leave it.

I just thought it humorous that some of the people complaining about re-typing are the ones we go to for technical assistance. Thought it would have been blatantly obvious to them

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast