Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I Have To Use Nero?

In reading the various tips on burning .bin files to a disk, it's always suggested that we use Nero for this.

So my question is this, currently I have Roxio installed, can I use this instead, or do i need to unistall Roxio and install Nero?

any help with this would be great

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Well any help to that is this..,

I never heard of Roxio.. Nero Burning Rom is a well known program! I use it only to burn special cd's, like Converting MP3 to Audio cd's or making a SVCD cd. I use CloneCD to copy a cd just the way it should be!

Just experiment with all of them and work out wich one of them works the best for you...

Good Luck!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thx for your reply Rocktron

as for Roxio...it's Roxio easy CD creator 5....am I just missing the ballpark altogher here? ...I'm quite confused ....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    This is in the help section of the forum, iso and bin info near the bottom of the page....

http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm

This is one discussion on the forum....

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=30&t=19927

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Easy CD Creator doesn't support .bin files and it has problems with some .iso files.
    That's why everyone recommends Nero, including me.
    Nero does it all and it's very reliable.
    Easy CD Creator is unreliable and doesn't have as many features as Nero.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by DataMore@12 March 2003 - 15:46

Nero does it all and it's very reliable.
    Easy CD Creator is unreliable and doesn't have as many features as Nero.
    I have used both Nero and Roxio and basically it depends on the user and the applications that you will use this product for.
    EZCD 5 was very buggy, you had to remove 'take two' to get it to work with xp and download; install; a 18M patch. This would seem to fix all the bugs.
    Nero does seem to run flawlessly, but after the installation of EZCDDVD 6, I am afraid Nero will have to make several modifications if it is going to compete in the future market. Roxio 5 used the same burning engine as 4 did; they just added a few features and a different interface (after they purchased it from adaptec)
    Not to get a flame started on Nero vs. Roxio, but I believe that Roxio has seen the error of their ways and has made vast improvements to jump ahead in the burning software field.

Just my opinion,
    Steve

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thank you DataMore and skelley

first I will try winISO to convert bin to iso, then try roxio......if I'm unsuccessful ....then I'll try to do it with Nero

thx again

if anyone has some more advice I would luv to hear it

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    In my opinion Easy CD Creator is all flashy graphics and no useful features.
    The interface just seems to treat users like children.
    When you get a CD burning software, you expect something to burn CDs (or DVDs) and not something with flash animations and beautiful graphics just to throw you off the main point: lack of features.
    Take a look at both of the software's 'Features' list and tell me which one goes right to the point. Easy CD & DVD Creator Features Nero Burning ROM Features.
    Not supporting .bin files is a big issue by itself and I'm not sure, but does this new Easy CD Creator support overburning?
    Again, they don't say a word about this on the 'Features' list.
    Easy CD Creator is just a marketing stunt. Roxio's main software is still WinOnCd.

If you make a quick google search on Nero and Easy CD Creator, you'll see that Nero is the favorite burning software among the more experienced users.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    go w/ nero... you cant go wrong

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    thx again for the info B)

so nero it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast