Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geforce 6800 Ultra Pictured

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Thanks

I just wished either ATI or nVidia (or both) changed their model numbers.... X800 (this was on-the-fly since X=10, and that was the next number) and 6800 (next number for nVidia)....

Cmon friggin companies.... give us some creativity!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    How long will nvidia continue to make products which will work on a AGP8X mainboard?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    What do you mean?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Will any of the next gen gfx cards work with the current agp motherboards? or will we have to buy a top of the range gcard if we buy a pci express mainboard?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by DJ X@10 April 2004 - 14:27
    Will any of the next gen gfx cards work with the current agp motherboards? or will we have to buy a top of the range gcard if we buy a pci express mainboard?
    theyre making some new cards for agp i beleive, but probably not very many, and probably not for very long...

i think i heard they were going to come out with agp versions of there cards a few months after the pci express version, sora like how they release some pci versions about 6 months after the agp version...but i dont know if this is true...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Damn, and I guess they're changing the slots on the PCI-Express due to the voltage change and all that

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by DJ X@10 April 2004 - 14:35
    Damn, and I guess they're changing the slots on the PCI-Express due to the voltage change and all that 
    yup, whole new design...

and the regular non video pci-express will also be differnt, theyre only about 3cm long, versus the curent ones which are i think 8cm...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Remember to bolt down your PCI cards hard when this things installed, with a fan that big they could be sucked inside/blown away .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+10 April 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 10 April 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DJ X@10 April 2004 - 14:35
    Damn, and I guess they&#39;re changing the slots on the PCI-Express due to the voltage change and all that
    yup, whole new design...

and the regular non video pci-express will also be differnt, theyre only about 3cm long, versus the curent ones which are i think 8cm... [/b][/quote]
    An example of a PCI Express motherboard I saw had 1 16xPCI-E port (graphics), 4 of the small 1x (add-on cards) and then 4 normal PCI.

ATi is developing a PCI to AGP 8x bridge last I heard too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast