Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Busted

Poster
    Just use something like bittorrent to get your movies from and Blubster for your MP3's other users may disagree with the two I just said but your least likely to get caught with them two.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Buy a small 10Gig harddrive, install Win98 and post it to your isp! And then demand compensation for the unjustified harrassment.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Your F*CKED

Run for your life

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Assume the letter is legitimate, call your ISP up and ask where the complaint originated from... possibly implying it may not be true that you did what the complaint alleges.
    "I'm not sure this letter is legitimate, as it sounds alot like a scary scam tactic."

Even before making the call, quit sharing movies on Kazaa/Kazaa Lite/any file-sharing network -- at least for a month, probably for 3-6 months.

If you receive an EMAIL from someone claiming you comitted copyright infringement, save the email locally (as a HTML file if possible&#33 and delete the original. DON'T reply to it, as it may tie your name to your ip. If you're a hacker expert, or know one, try to determine if the letter contained any pictures (web tracking bugs) and what internet servers those pictures originated from. Viewing these pictures acts to log when you read the email and what IP you read the email from.

Lastly, share something far different than movies -- maybe not video at all -- so it will be unlikely the same organization that found you will be interested in what you're sharing now. The amount of free-to-share stuff is immense, just not well-known, and often NEEDS publicity to be spread.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Get your ass off Kazaa and get your ass on Ares. A seperate network not targeted by the RAPE as of yet. B)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    I Would uninstall all IllLegal programs on my comp get rid of all my songs and movie unplug the Internet and wouldnt get on my comp for about 2 months

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    yea, ok htanks for noticing my bad typing.

now, after u format, use a strong magnet, and run it by the hdd, by by everything. nothing will be able to be recovered again. better yet, sell the hdd, and buy a new one!!

then, heres protection: (no condoms )
    1. always keep zonealarm on
    2. import ips
    3. get a router
    4 forward the ports on ur firewall and router
    5. klite ip blocker doesn't do shit

i've been using htis, no probs

and bout the letter. call ur isp, and ask them how they found out that u were sharing. tell them that under us amendment # ..., ivasion of ur privacy is a felony and they should be fucked by a cow with mad cow disease ( ). heck, take it to court. ur main defense is invasion of privacy and hacking ur comp. then u can say that u weren't dling cuz ur friend was over, and he was fucking with ur comp, and he dled the thing.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I have 4 words for u USE EATH STAION FIVE ...

-------------------------------------------------------------
    edit: i have few words for you:
    that addy you just posted is banned here
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:35
    u can get it from es5(dot)com
    ES5 is not anonymous. It&#39;s been proven before
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Originally posted by 4th gen+17 April 2004 - 08:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 17 April 2004 - 08:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-othmanni@17 April 2004 - 07:35
    &nbsp; &nbsp;
    ES5 is not anonymous. It&#39;s been proven before [/b][/quote]
    i am welling to proof it is safe if u r welling to debate ? will you?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast