Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted

recently i recieved an email from my isp.
    It said that someone or some group (didnt specify) had reported me to them and said that i was breaking our contract agreement.
    they listed my username on kazaalite, the file that i was sharing(a movie), the port from which it was uploaded , and the time and date of the upload.

they reminded me of copywrite infringment laws and warned me that unless i removed the files from my puter and stopped sharing files within the next 24 hours, they would cancel my service and possibly contact authorities.

As you can imagine , I SHIT MY PANTS,
    I want to know who it was that did this to me, is it possible for some dick to get my isp address and contact my isp with my kazaalites ip blocker tool on.??
    they said they would tell me who reported me if I wanted to dispute it , but i would have to give them total access to my hard drive to prove that I wasnt sharing.

basically, they gave me a slap on the wrist, what is weird is that they never mentioned anything about downloading a file, they just said not to share it.
    I am still sharing files on k--lite but i changed my username and updated my ip blocker. BUT IM STILL NERVOUS

I HATE LEECHERS AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY, BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO, SHOULD I KEEP SHARING..

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Most probably this was some dickhead just playing with ..
    i have been in other forums and seen some peaple give a way RIAA worning letter (fake ones) just to scare peaple from using kazaa lite and make them some how use thier won ..well bleave shit can happen
    if u dint wanna get caught just download from kazaa lite and share it in other safer progi such as es5......good proram i used and still use am on dial up and i get stead download at a rate of 6.5 to 7 sometimes but never less than 5 kB/s
    add on u cant controll ur upload ,,and this mean at some point u will act as a server as i did once ...
    hOLLa
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Are you afraid that your PC is inflected with sasser check this link out</span></span>

Sasser Simple Solution

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    1. format ur hdd, burn all ur shit on to disks and hid them in ur car or something
    2. find out who that is
    3. fuck him up with a sword and a chainsaw
    4. call the authorities and frame his mom or something

or u can just stop sharing. were u using a firewall or a router?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@11 April 2004 - 00:41
    1. format ur hdd, burn all ur shit on to disks and hid them in ur car or something
    2. find out who that is
    Yes, but you should prolly burn all ur shit on to disks before u format ur hd

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    as far as being a trick, I doubt it.
    my isp name was at the top of the email (graphically displayed) with thier logo.
    and they had my ENTIRE contract agreement included in the message. including all the legal mumbo jumbo.

it was very official.
    as far as being firewalled , I have zone alarm , but at the time it wasnt on. im not behind a router, and that ip blocker tool on k-lite was not updated.

I LIKE THE SWORD AND CHAINSAW IDEA,
    ive already put everything on disk and reformatted. but since have downloaded a bunch of new shit.

i wish i could find out who did this shit. I would fuck thier world up. unless of course it WAS the MIAA.
    but i think that if was them, i WOULD be busted.(fined and/or imprisoned)

I may just take my chances, i dont know yet.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    muchspl2
    contest that shit, your word against theirs and if they pulled that shit I&#39;d have a civil case against them, invasion of privacy
    never mind that I would want to know all about there "collecting method&#39;s" but guess thats just me

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    if they have just said "please stop sharing this file..." then do it, stop sharing that particular file. try to stay away from the high-profile, new releases for awhile, wait till the films have been out for awhile, when the companies are less likely to be interested.

just keep your head down for a bit, maybe contact your isp anonymously to find their policy about this; my isp are pretty good, wont release my details unless absolutely necessary, so i figure i have a couple of warning letters (well 1 left now) before they screw me, so if i get 1 more then i will have to switch isp.

just try to be thoughtful and sensible, and keep your head down and you should be fine
    <insert signature here>

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    masterpiece21's Avatar 5C 12.24.42
    I say beat the shit out of all ur siblings until one of them confesses to reporting u and ya burn ur shit to disks and bury that shit in ur backyard and plus,ever thought of not using k-lite?switch to another P2P,plus,almost anythnig is better than fasttrack nowadayz

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Keep sharing use protowall

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    2. find out who that is
    lmfao , especially formatting first

get PROTOWALL and BLOCKLISTMANAGER HERE bro, and protect yo sorry ass a bit more , but never stop sharing, even if it has to be from prison

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast