Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disk Error On Error Checking

angel_of_death57
    "Windows was unable to complete the disk check"

This is the error i get after phase 3 and cannot complete the other checking. Please help me with this.

I had to send my pc into the shop after i did a boot scan and it frooze on Phase 5 at 99% and switched off and lost all data. Since then i cannot do phases 3.4 and 5. Please Help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I think you should back up anything important from the hard disk (thats if the data hasnt all been erased yet) and then format the drive, then reinstall operating system, although I know chewieuk is gonna hate me for saying it lol.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    Already tried didn't work, must be something that can fix this problem.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Okay...
    About using norton utilities 2003 - 2004?
    Or try defragging your computer afterwards.
    If not try reformatting** Last option.
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@11 April 2004 - 15:36
    I think you should back up anything important from the hard disk (thats if the data hasnt all been erased yet) and then format the drive, then reinstall operating system, although I know chewieuk is gonna hate me for saying it lol.
    No I'm n ot because I think the HDD is duff
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+11 April 2004 - 16:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 11 April 2004 - 16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@11 April 2004 - 15:36
    No I&#39;m n ot because I think the HDD is duff [/b][/quote]
    ya i agree the hard drive is probably going. its got too many bad sectors on it.

how old is the drive? if its old then it would probably be wise to buy a newer, bigger, faster hard drive to replace it. but if its new id try to get it replaced by the manugacturer.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    angel_of_death57
    Hard drive is 5 months old.

Its only since shop took it in. Could the disk error that occured have something ot do with it. It stopped at 99% on a check then i had to restart pc and it said their was a disk read error.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@12 April 2004 - 17:29
    Hard drive is 5 months old.

Its only since shop took it in. Could the disk error that occured have something ot do with it. It stopped at 99% on a check then i had to restart pc and it said their was a disk read error.
    What exactly is the program you&#39;re using, what is it doing and what are these phases?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i had a new drive do similar. it turned out that the SMART had failed on the drive, so it didnt know what the hell to do. my drive developed alzheimers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Goto into BIOS and see .
    J.K

5 months old and you sent it to the shop and still they couldn&#39;t fix it...
    P4 2.4C / 1024M / R9600XT 128M / 80GB / 400W
    Peer-to-peer Programs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast