Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Songkran

From today for 3 days it's Songkran in Thailand and it lasts for 3 days........

It's to celebrate Thai New Year but it's basically one big water fight. In Khao San Rd area it's been mad all day and I was drenched in water and sprayed with paint a dozen times on the way to get my morning ice coffee.

I am however now equipped with a water gun thing with paint some guy gave me before he left town and about to go back out

2. Lounge   -   #2
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Looks like fun

Fucking anti spam got me again

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    can i go
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    340 pounds (no pound sign on this keyboard) and a 12 hour flight and you're there

...........anyway - I'm going back out - this is a water fight that the whole country gets into and it's as cool as FC and Fonzy's love child. I got a 2 litre water gun full of white paint and a couple of dozen water balloons in a bucket

this is cool - we got to introduce it to the Uk

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Azzz@11 April 2004 - 17:56
    can i go
    Depends, can you get to Thailand?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    th@ sounds minT, ahuge water fight! Iwant a go!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Day 2:

Image Resized
    [img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/S2300055.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/S2300058.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

The pictures don't really capture it but I'm not taking my camera back out there

The whole street is packed with people with waterguns and people selling litre bottles of water for 5bt (3p) a go. The bars at the side are blasting music out and it's become like a foam party kind of thing. No-one seems to be using white paint tonight although every now and then someone comes along and smears you with this wierd white warpaint stuff and everyone's now covered in that too.

btw - your roving reporter.....

Image Resized
    [img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/samsamsamsam/S2300061.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

8. Lounge   -   #8
    BANNED
    Too much water-wasting. Not the time to be spending that much water

9. Lounge   -   #9
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    Looks amazing! In honor of this event I shall douse all who cross my path in water today.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by pusher@12 April 2004 - 16:37
    Looks amazing! In honor of this event I shall douse all who cross my path in water today.
    Did anyone give you a black eye then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast