Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Students Arrested For Distributing Food

this reminds me of that thread a little while ago, which used data from the Heritage Foundation to assert that "poor" americans aren't really poor because they have a roof over their heads, a car, etc. sort of a thinly veiled threat from the upper class, i guess: "watch your step. we can easily arrange for you to live in third world conditions, so be grateful for what we allow you to have."

'cept the thing is, in america you are expected to have certain things in order to obtain membership in society. you must have a home, a bank account, a phone, some form of transportation... or else you can't have a job, move upwards, or expect your children to be more successful than yourself. even so-called luxuries like cellphones, credit cards, and email may someday be essential to having any sort of livelihood in the u.s.

if you're homeless, in many places you're not entitled to use public property and services like everyone else. i think (in so many words, maybe not explicitly) the u.s. treats the homeless as criminals simply for not having homes. maybe that's a bit too "bleeding heart" though, so i try to balance out my liberal sensitivity by telling panhandlers to "get a home, you homeless bum." it's a bit more catchy than "get a family and friends who care about you, you homeless bum."

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by bujub22@13 April 2004 - 05:48
    trully what this world come to when u can't give a person down on there luck a sandwich
    Only in a world so cold...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by Rip The Jacker+16 April 2004 - 00:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rip The Jacker @ 16 April 2004 - 00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@13 April 2004 - 05:48
    trully what this world come to when u can&#39;t give a person down on there luck a sandwich &nbsp;
    Only in a world so cold... [/b][/quote]
    that&#39;s why i i went today and gave a guy (jonse)a bum that alway&#39;s around my store a sandwich ,apple pink strawberry milkshake on me

flukkers tell me..#%@##&#036;%***%&#036;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12