Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsgroups guide for GrabIt

Nikola2005
    Hey guys
    This is my first time trying to use this technology and im completing lost. i read the guide/tutorial that was provided (thanks for that). I understand what it is trying to do but what im having a problem with is that it cannot connect to the newsgroup. My ISP is TPG in Australia, i checked that it supported this technology and it did. I believe that i followed the steps but i am still getting the following message.....

"Unable to connect to news. tpg.com.au:119"

Has this happend to anyone else because i really need some support. Please guys help me out, any and all info/support would be great

Thanks

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #112
    RealitY, thanks for posting your tutorial, I'm thinking off subscriving to a Usenet service and your post answered a lot of the questions I hade!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #113
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola2005
    Hey guys
    This is my first time trying to use this technology and im completing lost. i read the guide/tutorial that was provided (thanks for that). I understand what it is trying to do but what im having a problem with is that it cannot connect to the newsgroup. My ISP is TPG in Australia, i checked that it supported this technology and it did. I believe that i followed the steps but i am still getting the following message.....

"Unable to connect to news. tpg.com.au:119"

Has this happend to anyone else because i really need some support. Please guys help me out, any and all info/support would be great

Thanks
    For user name and password, are you using your own ISP user name / password?

For example, if your account name (to log on) is nikola456 and password is 12fd136svh then input those. If your unique user name and password don't work, ring your ISP and ask them what you need to access newsgroups. They may have a seperate account for those wishing to use them.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #114
    Thanks alot for this Guide! Much Appreciated! :-)

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #115
    5h4rk
    I can't get my New Addy from my ISP... What sould I do? Im from Chile...

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #116
    Quote Originally Posted by 5h4rk
    I can't get my New Addy from my ISP... What sould I do? Im from Chile...
    Try calling and asking them although they may not have Usenet access as not all do...

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #117
    wow, thanks.. this was really helpful.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #118
    wannabe BT Rep: +1
    I tried to download some file with NZB but when the downloading was complete I saw that the files where *.txt and every file 0kb.
    What's wrong?

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #119
    The server your using docesent have enough retention to get the files your trying to grab so theyre not there anymore. If your using your ISP service then its most likely that they have low retention. Make sure your not grabbing something that is to old for your service. If you still have this issue with files that are recent then you may have to look into a payserver to access Usenet service. The best deal around is NewsHosting which we are an affiliate for here at FST and you can support the site by signing up through our banners above. You can also use our referral link at...
    http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500
    Last edited by RealitY; 11-21-2005 at 07:43 PM.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #120
    kayvanblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    great great guide thankssss

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast