Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad Pc Problem

Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    iam not in control of my PC norton is non-functianal i cant install anything because i dont have permission

i cant run system restore, i cant save any type of file it says i dont have the right security priviliges some user message come up when i go on programs some i can still access though like winamp and IE

i have done an online viruus scan using the trend micro service, it picked up no viruses.

when i go on nero burning rom the layout of XP changes to the classic version!!!

when i log onto windows it says my modem isnt plugged in which it is because im posting this message online

i try to sign into MSN messenger with my .net paasport it claims that it does not exist, and i tried with my second account and that didnt exist either

it seems something has control over my PC with a higher level of control than myself, my norton systemworks is fully updated both firewall and antivirus i have all of the critical updates from microsoft.

so how can i get rid of whatever is controlling my PC when i click norton it says it needs to be reinstalled but im afraid if i do that it wont go in again

PLEASE HELP
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Originally posted by Azzz@12 April 2004 - 13:27
    iam not in control of my PC norton is non-functianal i cant install anything because i dont have permission

i cant run system restore, i cant save any type of file it says i dont have the right security priviliges some user message come up when i go on programs some i can still access though like winamp and IE

i have done an online viruus scan using the trend micro service, it picked up no viruses.

when i go on nero burning rom the layout of XP changes to the classic version!!!

when i log onto windows it says my modem isnt plugged in which it is because im posting this message online

i try to sign into MSN messenger with my .net paasport it claims that it does not exist, and i tried with my second account and that didnt exist either 

it seems something has control over my PC with a higher level of control than myself, my norton systemworks is fully updated both firewall and antivirus i have all of the critical updates from microsoft.

so how can i get rid of whatever is controlling my PC when i click norton it says it needs to be reinstalled but im afraid if i do that it wont go in again 

PLEASE HELP 
    i dont know a lot about this stuff, but do u get major problems even when ur not online?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    dos your pc let u boot up in safe mode?.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by foot loose@12 April 2004 - 12:39
    dos your pc let u boot up in safe mode?.
    im not sure please explain

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    What resident anti virus and anti trojan do you have?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    muchspl2
    :norton:
    such a great program, can you install anything, another av or spysweeper etc

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by 4th gen@12 April 2004 - 12:46
    norton antivirus 2004 and norton personal firewall 2004 is that what u mean?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i dont think i can install anything no

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    muchspl2

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Azzz+12 April 2004 - 12:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Azzz @ 12 April 2004 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-4th gen@12 April 2004 - 12:46
    norton antivirus 2004 and norton personal firewall 2004 is that what u mean? [/b][/quote]
    Download the trial version of TDS-3 and run that.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast