Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Children Of Today

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+13 April 2004 - 16:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 13 April 2004 - 16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@13 April 2004 - 00:40
    I declare this night "Rip the shit outta Bo night"
    Ripping the shit, or prevoking people is wrong, it can lead to bad things and flame wars accros 3 different forums... [/b][/quote]
    Whoever told you that?

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #32
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    There was a party at a friends place last summer. There were kids as young as 12 drinking and smoking pot. I left right away. Now, some friends have been known to actually by pot through the same group of kids, and it&#39;s not schwag either. I find it VERY hard to believe that kids in my town, let alone in my school, were drinking and smoking bud when I was in 7th grade.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Originally posted by bujub22@13 April 2004 - 13:26
    ,but after the second day in foster care he realise his mistake and wanted to come home ..easier said then done&#33;
    sorry to hear that Joob.

When you say 4 months, do you mean 4 months so far or a given time of 4 months after which a review will take place?

With your son saying he wants to come home, have new reports been filed? (not sure who would do that over there although here (not here but in the Uk) it would be Cafcas.

Have you got good legal advice in all this?

Good luck with it anyway

4. Lounge   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Skweeky@13 April 2004 - 09:38
    Well...my sis decided it was completely wrong to give her kids a smack every now and then and they both are real brats
    My other brothers kids do get a smack on the bum when they do something wrong and they&#39;re angels most of the time.

I think I know how I&#39;d raise my kids
    You are on the right track, Skweeky.

BTW-we seem to have intruded on Jonno&#39;s thread.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Shhh, with some luck he won&#39;t notice

Oh well j2k4...I took care of my brothers kids from when I was 10 or something. I think I have a clear enough view on how to deal with kids by now.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Skweeky@13 April 2004 - 11:26
    Shhh, with some luck he won&#39;t notice

Oh well j2k4...I took care of my brothers kids from when I was 10 or something. I think I have a clear enough view on how to deal with kids by now.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@12 April 2004 - 18:33
    Yup, at the risk of sounding like an old man, kids are nasty little bastards nowadays, personally I blame the parents for the most part and I don&#39;t wanna hear "They always blame the parents" crap, cos it&#39;s true&#33;

I&#39;ve had kids (13/14 threaten to "Burn me out" while I sleep, I&#39;ve seen them smash stuff, burn things down and generally be tossers, they think it&#39;s funny, I know a gang of kids who gave me so much grief where I used to live and were 80% of the reason I moved, it was to the point where either I moved or I take the law in my hands. Even a copper told me to "Acidently fall into them......using my elbow" , I know this is&#39;nt all kids obviously but take a look at bullies in schools, children comitting suicide because of other children making their lives hell, I really think they should bring back national service&#33; (now that I&#39;ve passed the age )

But I never used to do the stuff like they do now, all these bad things that happen here, my town is tiny and along the seafront on a friday night I used to see couples and families in the summer head along the prom for a walk, they would get to within view of a bunch of nasty kids and turn back

I could rant for hours about this but I have to say that cos of all these anti punishment laws sociaty is colapsing, I used to stay out of trouble for the most part cos I did&#39;nt want to get the slipper at school then clouted when I got home, a mate has a 10 y/o son who said he would sue his own father if he hit him WTF??

Very sad

Jonno B)
    I&#39;m 14, and I see myself as a pretty good person, thank you very much. I hate how people my age get branded as hell-raisers, brats, etc. I don&#39;t drink, smoke, do drugs, get in fights, swear, or cause problems at school (and I hear a lot of crap about it, especially the not swearing from other people my age). Unfortunately, there are a lot of kids my age who do (oh say, 90% of my high school [not counting swearing or causing problems, it&#39;s be 99.99%]), but that doesn&#39;t mean all of us should be branded as we so often are. Just my opinion. Have faith, there still are good people my age&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #38
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    As someone of the right age then DWells, how do you propose the problem should be tackled?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    I honestly don&#39;t know. I admit the behavior of minors is a problem, but I&#39;m not sure what to do about it. I just don&#39;t like seeing my whole age group getting branded.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by DWells55@13 April 2004 - 20:00
    I honestly don&#39;t know. I admit the behavior of minors is a problem, but I&#39;m not sure what to do about it. I just don&#39;t like seeing my whole age group getting branded.
    I know, I felt the same a few years ago when I was a teenager. My little brother&#39;s aren&#39;t like it either but its not the good ones that get noticed ay

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast