Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This True

Forum Star
    Originally posted by Icey@12 March 2003 - 22:43
    we are not just on about ip's.. he was able to view thier harddrive contents
    probably only that of the other persons shared folder

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Ah yes, I've heard of something like that.. I think firewalls block it, cause it's actually opening *another port to your computer kazaa isnt supposed to access. I know about the thing were u view someone's files through IE typein in they're ip and the kazaa port.. It's like the hard/impossible way to search lol. (Example: http://176.15.34.983:1214) use port 1214. U see the guys My Shared Folder contents in clickable links. note: the example is not a working shared link. use must type in a guy's ip that u know to get in. he must be shareing too

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    I dont understand how that works..

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Isn't this kind of scaring the people who don't know alot of tech stuff?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Dont be scared.. use Zone Alarm.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@13 March 2003 - 22:31
    Dont be scared.. use Zone Alarm.
    I hear alot people complain about it because they can't set it up right, but ZA is the best firewall.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    yea agree norton interfears with windows and system files makeing it slow.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Ah yes, I've heard of something like that.. I think firewalls block it, cause it's actually opening *another port to your computer kazaa isnt supposed to access. I know about the thing were u view someone's files through IE typein in they're ip and the kazaa port.. It's like the hard/impossible way to search lol. (Example: http://176.15.34.983:1214) use port 1214. U see the guys My Shared Folder contents in clickable links. note: the example is not a working shared link. use must type in a guy's ip that u know to get in. he must be shareing too
    im afraid this is outdated, im almost positive that with one of the new releases of kazza this way of looking at peoples shared files (another way to search i guess) was disabled, i just tested my own ip and it doesnt work, maybe because im behind a router, i tried some peoples ip's that im connected to for some of my downloads with no luck either, doesnt work anymore people sorry

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    lol.. most likely, the person that you think you 'hacked' was running a server... you just logged without realizing it.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    From what i understand this is not really a kazaa problem. It sounds more like a quicktime issue.

I really don't see how you saw his whole drive content. but did you have read and write acess to it?

have you tried this with more then one user?

maybe the user has an unpatched or outdated version of quicktime with some kinda buffer overflow.

either way im updating quicktime now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast