Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adware Problem

A few days ago I got some adware/spyware on my computer, whenever I remove it with ad-aware, my internet stops working and then, the next time I restart my computer svchost takes up 100% until I open up ad-aware and have it put the spyware back. This has only been occuring for the past four days... I took a screen shot showing what spyware/adware it is... hopefully someone can help me get rid of this without causing all these problems on my computer.

http://www.freewebs.com/apunkrockmonk/adaware.jpg

You have to cut and paste the link to the image cause that site doesn't allow offsite linking.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    The spyware probably belongs to some app you have install'd m8 .Maybe uninstall n find an alternative to it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    try spybot mate

do a scan with spybot and remove anything it finds

sometimes it asks to do a scan at start up, to completly remove some things it cant get rid of

say yes to let spybot do this, and when its finished the start up scan go to the main window and remove the remaining crap

here is a link to spybot

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

i dont think much of ad-aware

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I haven't installed anything new. I know exactly how I got it, it was very stupid of me... but I'll explain what I did. I have a very long hosts file to block all kinds of crap (there were a bunch of them on the board awhile ago and I made them all into one list). Occasionally it blocks things that don't need to be blocked so I turn off the hosts file momentarily. Well, I disabled it, but i didn't think it worked, so to test to see if it was on or not, I randomly chose one of the sites on the list, and went there. No download prompt popped up, and no page popped up, but I definately got somthing. Stupidest computer related thing i've ever done

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    hijackthis download it scan then post the log DO NOT delete anything if you dont know what your doing just post the log

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    spybot seems to have fixed what ad-aware couldn't, thanks again.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Disabling DNS Client service or at least placing it in manual should stop the CPU overload at startup for good, in case you still have that problem.

This option is in my installer.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    is that why my computer hangs for about 30 seconds to a minute everytime i turn it on?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    If you have windows 2000 or XP, then yep. It happens to comps with large HOSTS files and those versions of Windows.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    WhenU is part of my damn problem to&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast