Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There Someone

Poster
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@13 April 2004 - 23:31
    It means seize the moment without regards for the future.
    How funny it was used in this post J'Pol

Peace brotherdoobie
    Part of seizing the moment is that it may never be available again. So you have to grab each opportunity while it is there.

I think that includes accepting that one day people will not be here, so we have to seize the moments when they are.

The saddest thing a man can think is "what might have been".

Tho' I do see the irony and thanks for pointing it out mate.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Crossed posts

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Very true words in this thread. I wish I'd spent more time with my cousin before he died a few months ago. It was just so unexpected... he was only 31. So treasure the time you spend with people, and make sure thye know how much you care about them.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    How do you know what to seize? I thought I knew, people got hurt, I got hurt.

Sometimes that chance you take is a shit one, and sometimes you bottle out from taking that chance, I wish I had the bottle I did 5 years ago, some things would be different

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #25
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    a very necessary post jpol
    wakes u up

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Who if you were to lose them unexpectedly, you would give anything to have them back for a wee while. You would give anything just to let them know how you feel.
    it's called a prayer, and you don't have to give up anything materialistic to do it!!!

7. Lounge   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As usual, JP, you remind us all of the most important things.

My Mother was always on me to never forget a kindness, always respond to greeting cards, etc., in short, remember who and what is important.

I'm still learning the nuances of the lesson, but in the last couple of years, I've had perhaps three different things (terrible things, at that) occur which indicated the folly of failing to say the prayer that you don't forget people and what they mean to you, and, not least of all, what you mean to others.

This last is cause for much grief in this world; the failure to recognize one's own worth to others very often leads to a lack of respect for the value of the most basic relationships between people.

Ah, shit.

My keyboard is getting wet, here.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@14 April 2004 - 06:48
    .... not least of all, what you mean to others.

This last is cause for much grief in this world; the failure to recognize one's own worth to others very often leads to a lack of respect for the value of the most basic relationships between people.
    It's A Wonderful Life.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    i always try to let my friends know how much they mean to me, i used to find it really hard to do because of the way i was brought up and because i have a fear of rejection, but i made myself to do it and now it comes naturally, i can tell my freinds that i love them and i can allow them to love me back (although i still find this bit hard)

love u jazzthefunk
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i've never lost anyone close to me so i dont know what its gonna be like when someone does finally go.

i really am dreading the day anyone i love goes and i really hope it isn't soon
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast