Thread: Mouse

iuno if this is 2 do with software, but y does my mouse just randomly move across the screen every 5mins. pisses me off. is sum1 in my comp?
    Hetfield Kicks Ass!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Smyth1989@13 April 2004 - 21:54
    iuno if this is 2 do with software, but y does my mouse just randomly move across the screen every 5mins. pisses me off. is sum1 in my comp?
    Normally corrupted drivers, low battery in cordless mice, or a patterned surface with optical ones.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    so i gotta reinstall my mouse?
    Hetfield Kicks Ass!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by Smyth1989@13 April 2004 - 22:06
    Well, you don't have to.

Boot into Safe Mode, remove mouse from Device Manager, power down, unplug mouse, boot into Windows without the mouse, power down, plug in mouse, boot into Windows.
    If Windows says that driver files are already present on the system, would you like to use them, select no and make Windows re-copy them.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    If its a cordless mouse make sure you arent too far away from your base station thingy, it should be about 3 feet from the mouse at most if you dont want it to bounce all around.

If its an optical mouse you should also make sure your not on a shiney, red or rough surface. mouse pads are good for optical mice, not just wheel mice.

also do what chewie said for the drivers...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+13 April 2004 - 22:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 13 April 2004 - 22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smyth1989@13 April 2004 - 22:06
    Well, you don&#39;t have to.

Boot into Safe Mode, remove mouse from Device Manager, power down, unplug mouse, boot into Windows without the mouse, power down, plug in mouse, boot into Windows.
    If Windows says that driver files are already present on the system, would you like to use them, select no and make Windows re-copy them. [/b][/quote]
    thanks 4 dat, i will try it
    Hetfield Kicks Ass&#33;

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    The mouse on my laptop dose the samething. so i reinstalled xp and it still dose it :helpsmile:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    could it be one of ur frens installed some annoying screensavers?
    just to play prank

someone hacking to ur comp??? if ur paranoid, then get a firewall, that&#39;ll block them
    or switch the mouse with another...just to make sure whether it&#39;s ur mouse or not

otherwise, i think it might be the mouse itself, try it on another comp

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all