Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Internet Explorer? Getting Rid Of Ie.

Ok I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I did a search and came up with nothing.

I want to know what's the best Internet Explorer is. Things i'm looking for: Great look, popup & blockers. Anything that is an awesome replacement for Microsoft's IE.

Also can I completely remove IE. It's gonna really suck when i get a new explorer but things still popup in microsoft's ie. I want to have a new explorer and it fully replac microsoft's IE.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    The term your looking for is BROWSER, Internet Explorer is Microsoft's version of a browser.

The one i use is OPERA, its much quicker and has a better interface.

IE wont affect your browsing with another browser, you do not need to lauch IE to browse the web, just launch the one you want to use.
    Robert00000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Mozilla Firefox would be what I'd recommend. You should try out a number of different browsers (such as firefox, myIE2, opera etc) and keep the one you like best
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    IE wont affect your browsing with another browser, you do not need to lauch IE to browse the web, just launch the one you want to use.
    i have no experience with browsers other than ie except for msn explorer. when i got msn explorer it looked cool and i was able to surf the internet but anykind of pop up didn't come up in msn explorer, it came up in ie. now that was a long time ago and things are probably different now. but thats what i wanted to know.. if this new browser will do everything. pop ups and all.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    download firefox from here. its my new favorite browser, and ive been using it for 3 days now lol. when you start it for the first time it will ask if you would like for it to be the default browser, click and then link etc that you click will automatically open with firefox instead of internet explorer, no need to remove it...

firefox has everything you wanted: popupblocker, replacement for ie, and it looks cool cause you can get skins for it to make it look how you want.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I tried mozilla briefly, and it seems to work fine for blocking pop ups. Tried the swedish muppet chef version (dont ask) of opera some time ago and it was ok. Donīt know about the new version... just download and check it out.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i keep getting this error while trying to start a browser with mozilla. this is with it already installed.

Alert: Error launching browser window: no XBL binding for browser

anyone know what this is?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by dmorgan89@13 April 2004 - 23:50
    i keep getting this error while trying to start a browser with mozilla. this is with it already installed.

Alert: Error launching browser window: no XBL binding for browser

anyone know what this is?
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/re...extensions.html
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Removing IE (Aka Internet Explorer)
    Start>Setting>Control panel>Ad remove programs>ad remove windows components>Uncheck the Internet explorer box>next.
    the procedre above only applies 2 windows XP and it&#39;s similar ..
    do it @ ur own risk.
    Click the longhorn icon to visit my website.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> You try Everything in my/our post(s) at YOUR own risk. I/we do not take responsibily for damages, caused by the post(s). Clicking on/or modifying anything in here is not permitted. Whoever edits my sig is a pussy.</span></span>

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    OneWord

Firefox

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast