Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Network, And All That

  1. #1
    So, here's the deal. I have a dad who's always threatening me about the internet, says he "knows what i'm up to" etc. We have wireless internet, and from my understanding it's possible to see another computers activity this way?

    How can i prevent this? how can i protect my internet computer? yeahh?
    help

    Lisa

  2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,110
    Don't do anything bad
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

    - Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

  3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,656
    Originally posted by JoJoSoprano@14 April 2004 - 01:34
    So, here's the deal. I have a dad who's always threatening me about the internet, says he "knows what i'm up to" etc. We have wireless internet, and from my understanding it's possible to see another computers activity this way?

    How can i prevent this? how can i protect my internet computer? yeahh?
    help

    Lisa

    cant he read this post then?

  4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    one of my friends' dad is like that too, he says that everything gets logged in his computer, but since his computer is rarely even turned on, it doesnt make any sense that it could log the traffic...and the server has nothing on it that would log any traffic except a firewall, i know cause i checked it out. my friend has been free to surf porn for a few months now, and still hasnt been caught, so obviously his dad was bluffing.

  5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,656
    at my school they logg every thing.
    i went in to the master files and started deleting the file loggs so no one will get done
    but now they put it so u cant delete or edit them

  6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by gungrave@13 April 2004 - 21:25
    at my school they logg every thing.
    i went in to the master files and started deleting the file loggs so no one will get done
    but now they put it so u cant delete or edit them
    haha. my school has no logs, but they blocked out pretty much every website, and u cant change any windows settings, and half the programs on teh computer you cant even run

  7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,656
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+14 April 2004 - 02:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 14 April 2004 - 02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave@13 April 2004 - 21:25
    at my school they logg every thing.
    i went in to the master files and started deleting the file loggs so no one will get done&nbsp;
    but now they put it so u cant delete or edit them&nbsp;
    haha. my school has no logs, but they blocked out pretty much every website, and u cant change any windows settings, and half the programs on teh computer you cant even run [/b][/quote]
    yea it sucks.
    school pc suck good thing they dont block this site out cos i go on it from school loads

  8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by gungrave+13 April 2004 - 21:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 13 April 2004 - 21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@14 April 2004 - 02:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-gungrave
    @13 April 2004 - 21:25
    at my school they logg every thing.
    i went in to the master files and started deleting the file loggs so no one will get done&nbsp;
    but now they put it so u cant delete or edit them&nbsp;

    haha. my school has no logs, but they blocked out pretty much every website, and u cant change any windows settings, and half the programs on teh computer you cant even run
    yea it sucks.
    school pc suck good thing they dont block this site out cos i go on it from school loads [/b][/quote]
    ive never gone on any websites except for game sites when i use the school computers, and those dont work anymore so i dont use the school computers anymore...

    theyre prety nice computers though, 1 "pod" has a computer classroom with P4 1.7ghz and 512mb ram, and 32mb intel extreme graphics lol, i played gta 3 on them once, but ofcourse thats now blocked

  9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,656
    selatap up the fans let the buggas over heat

  10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    24,069
    Originally posted by gungrave@13 April 2004 - 21:36
    selatap up the fans let the buggas over heat
    NO. all the computers are being wrecked and teh school wont buy new ones damb cheap basterds.

    we have 6 "pods" in my school, each had a compuetr room with 40 computers each...now we have 2 rooms with 20 computers, and a library with like 10 computers lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •