Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ftp

BROCKSTER's Avatar Poster
    ive just set up my ftp with help from stoi i cant take all the credit i was wondering how many people are on ftp?? because ive transfered a few files with stoi and wondered how many people did this because i think its great that way you can inform each other of new stuff etc and connect straight to them

2. Lounge   -   #2
    wow a lot of people

3. Lounge   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Brockster, if you get yourself a copy of mirc and go to the #klchat room there are loads of ppl in there with there own ftp servers, i must have helped about 30 ppl of this forum set theirs up and yes i did have all of their ftp addresses but after i had to reformat i lost all of them .

and thanx for the mention, much appreciated.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by stoi@10 March 2003 - 00:07
    Brockster, if you get yourself a copy of mirc and go to the #klchat room there are loads of ppl in there with there own ftp servers, i must have helped about 30 ppl of this forum set theirs up and yes i did have all of their ftp addresses but after i had to reformat i lost all of them  .

and thanx for the mention, much appreciated.
    thought id mention i dont take credit for things i havnt done and as u wud say np anytime (sound familiar?)

why do i want mirc i thought ftp was best? the one ive got?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    I have it installed but i don't know what to do???

6. Lounge   -   #6
    theres a tutorial at the top in the lounge main bit

7. Lounge   -   #7
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok if you want it, its on my ftp in apps mirc6.03 and read this link to setup mirc to find out how to set it up to get into the chat room.

and i think ill stop saying that now that youve mentioned it lol

ok mirc is a chat program, you can share files on it but ive found it not to be as reliable as ftp, very slow sometimes and i still dont know all the commands properly for mirc

8. Lounge   -   #8
    so it did sound farmiliar :-" so can i have both at the same time? and do i need to set up another server?

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Brockster, I think what Stoi is trying to tell you is that a lot of the regulars in the chatroom have ftp servers, thanks mainly to the great help and promotion work given by himself and razz.

As we get to know each other quite well in the chatroom, we have no worries over exchanging ftp addresses etc.

Grim....you've been in chat, how cant you get in now?

If your having trouble with ftp, give one of us a call.....its a lot easier than it seems.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #10
    oh rite thanks its just i thought its ace directly connecting coz i transfered a big file and its really reliable

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast