Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick And Tired Of These Retarded Processes

I figured it was spyware....Spybot killed them all last night and I'm the only one who uses this computer and I don't click on and security warnings...You really don't want my whole list of installed progs do you...It had to have been packaged with something else.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I found out where these bastard exe's are hiding...In my system32 folder and I've never seen them before so I don't know if I should delete them or not but I can't delete them because I don't even see them

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    since those files might still be in use, get yourself hijack this and post your log in the many help forums around.

Don't try fixing yourself as you can severely cripple your system.

a few sites that come to mind is computer cops, spywareinfo, tomcoyote.

good luck

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I think I am just gonna re-get winxp from the school and do a fresh-install. Only $5 to get the full version of winxp pro legally so I'll go with it. I never re-did windows on this computer before.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Sorry for not searching but I don't have time...where might I find hijack this?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Do you mean this?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    hi,
    you can download hijack this here.

post your log at a help forum, or if you want post here, and i'll take a look.

DO NOT fix anything without advice.

good luck.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    AIM heh?

Look in your Control Panel and see if you have an icon for "Wild Tangent".
    That is a little surprise gift that AIM likes to give you, too.
    I'll bet that you are getting all this spyware loaded by AOL.

After getting all sorts of crap from AIM I switched to an IM program called Miranda 32.
    Works with all the major networks and doesn't invite all it's friends into your computer to play.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I know it isn't Wild Tangent because I watched ad-aware and spybot kill all of that. The link the first guy gave me was dead so I couldn't use it last night and I'm at school right now so I will try it when I go home tonight. Thanks.

Edit - I forgot to say that I used process protector and I looked at the evil processes and it told me their names they run by but it also told me the file it originates from and every single one is Kern32 in my System32 file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12