Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 28 Days Later

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Omega Man doesnt rank up there with the zombie theme, they were more like vampires and Charleston Heston was fighting them...That was one of my fave shows growing up and I just recently bought it
    Wasnt Day of Triffids about giant plants gone wild?
    Last man on Earth, I know I saw it but I dont remember it.
    Omega Man is essentially another version of Richard Matheson's story I Am Legend. Last Man on Earth is also a version of this story. Even though I Am Legend is about vampires I think George Romero owes a debt of gratitude to Matheson for the "Dead" trilogy, there are defiently some borrowed themes. Also remember, there are no zombies in 28 Days Later really. They do seem to be more like the vampires of Matheson's novel.

Finally, if you go and read Day of the Triffids (I wasn't referring to the film in my prior post, sorry for any confusion) you will notice a shedload of similarities between the novel and Danny Boyle's film. Different creatures but a lot of the same things happening and themes explored.
    Ahh I C you where going off of books not movies...my bad.
    I didnt read any of the books to relate.I saw the movies and most are B movies. lol
    I think the books that would make great horror movies would be any from H.P Lovecraft...That guys writtings style sends chills up my spin. Have you read any of his books?

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, I saw that lst night too. It was actually kinda boring, the soundtrack was pretty shite.

The best part of the movie was when the zombie steped on a landmine and them flew onto another one..

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    28 days later rawked. films just don't scare me anymore. but it was a cool film and pulled off being cool, well

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    DOD '04 technically didn't have zombies either then. It was a disease.

The original dead trilogy never explained why the dead rose.

In the originals, if you were bitten on the arm, you'd still be OK.

Warner Bros starts shooting the movie I Am Legend at the end of February.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-02-2006 at 07:26 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    DOD 2005 technically didn't have zombies either then. It was a disease.

The original dead trilogy never explained why the dead rose.

In the originals, if you were bitten on the arm, you'd still be OK.
    They are zombies in that they are dead people coming back to life (or unlife really), the cause is irrelevant. 28 Days Later's "zombies" differ in that they didn't die and then come back, they just change.

In the originals
    Are you referring to just Night of the Living Dead or the entirety of the original trilogy (discounting Land of the Dead)? I believe you'd be wrong either way (unless you mean some other films?) because there is a little girl who gets bitten in Night and changes, as does Roger in Dawn and the guy who lets all the zombies into the base in Day.

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    They are zombies in that they are dead people coming back to life (or unlife really), the cause is irrelevant. 28 Days Later's "zombies" differ in that they didn't die and then come back, they just change.

In the originals
    Are you referring to just Night of the Living Dead or the entirety of the original trilogy (discounting Land of the Dead)? I believe you'd be wrong either way (unless you mean some other films?) because there is a little girl who gets bitten in Night and changes, as does Roger in Dawn and the guy who lets all the zombies into the base in Day.
    I thought they were mortally wounded.

DOD 2004 introduced the disease to the series. Even in NOTLD '90, Tony Todd became a zombie after being shot (mortally wounded). DOD '04 flipped it in which if one were shot dead, they stayed dead.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

The bite is in effect a mortal wound, you would die and then come back as a zombie but that's far from "bitten on the arm, you'd still be OK". You get bitten on the arm and you're joining the Braineaters Club or cursing that you live in gun-free Britain and can't get anyone to shoot you in the head as a mercy killing (for me at least...).

I think DOTD 2004 changing it into a disease/virus thing was a good idea because the whole people dying of natural causes and coming back seemed a bit hookey to me.

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    The bite is in effect a mortal wound, you would die and then come back as a zombie but that's far from "bitten on the arm, you'd still be OK". You get bitten on the arm and you're joining the Braineaters Club or cursing that you live in gun-free Britain and can't get anyone to shoot you in the head as a mercy killing (for me at least...).

I think DOTD 2004 changing it into a disease/virus thing was a good idea because the whole people dying of natural causes and coming back seemed a bit hookey to me.
    So you are saying in the original NOTLD it was both?

Get bit on the finger - turn into a zombie.
    Die naturally - turn into a zombie.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    wasnt there to be a sequel. another 28 days or something???

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    wasnt there to be a sequel. another 28 days or something???
    I heard there was, but could never find a copy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast