Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Upload Anomaly

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    How big is it? Cable dont download at 2000kbytes/s..

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    30 min movie, and about 100 megs

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Well, since Knology is available to me, maybe I should reconsider it. Do YOU have any files I want???

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Are you on a local network? Were you sharing that file yourself before you downloaded it?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Nobody1234 has a valid point, I would bet on you having two of the same file Unless its possible of having speed that high on cable, which I never have heard of either

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    wat ever connection he got, i want it
    ice ice baby

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    There's almost certainly a misprint/miscalculation somewhere in this report of superfast download rates...

The poster said 2,000kbps -- which if he meant 2,000 kilobits/sec is quite possible with some cablemodem connections, although mine maxes out around 1,600-1,900kilobits/sec.

But 2,000 kilobits/sec is only about 250 KB/sec -- and 5 seconds of that is about 1 MB. (not 100 MB, just 1...)

However, if the poster saw 2,000 Kb/s inside Kazaa Lite++ -- then I am a little skeptical, because that's 2,000 KiloBytes/sec (about 2 MB/sec or 16 Mbps). That would almost certainly HAVE to come from someone on the same cable node of the same ISP -- and even still that's unlikely...

Some Cablemodems, if uncapped, are capable of speeds as high as 30 Mbps -- but they usually are connected to the computer through a USB v1.1 (11 Mbps max) or 10 Mbps ethernet LAN connector. 16 Mbps (2,000 Kb/s) is considerably faster than such connectors can handle.

Even *IF* the reported speeds are accurate, the filesize is impossible -- because 5 seconds at 2,000 KiloBytes/sec is only about 10 MB.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    i just read in the paper today.. the fastest internet speed record

we were able to send 4 dvd's worth of data 7,000 miles in under 1min
    WOW!

so your looking at 40-60gb's a minute (my whole hard drive in 1 min!!
    ice ice baby

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    In any case if he did get that kind of speed, the only way is if it was local. Not though his cable.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I doubt you could even get that on a local network, i know i dont on my uni network, the fastest ive ever got on my local is 789kb/s.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast