Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High Upload Anomaly

Poster
    Feck sake, he's having a laugh. I would bet student, probably physics.

Seeing what pi$h explanations you can come up with. He's downloading 20MB per second. Through a modem.

Copy a 100Mb file from one partition on your hard drive to another. Tell me how you get on.

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@13 March 2003 - 23:25
    Feck sake, he's having a laugh. I would bet student, probably physics.

Seeing what pi$h explanations you can come up with. He's downloading 20MB per second. Through a modem.

Copy a 100Mb file from one partition on your hard drive to another. Tell me how you get on.
    as i said b4.. he must me having a laugh
    ice ice baby

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Poster
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 March 2003 - 22:40
    It's still not the answer. As Switeck pointed out above, there's the problem of the USB 1.1/Ethernet 10 (if that's what he had) limitations. In my case, my machines are hooked up to Ethernet 100/10, so, theoretically, I could DL from myself at a rate that high. However, I'm almost certain that the cable modem is USB 1.1 - although all my ports are USB 2 (backwards compatible). Oops! I checked the modem, which is new, and it does have Ethernet, rather than USB, like my old one. I guess, theoretically, I could DL that fast from myself. That is, if I wanted to.
    but y would u ?? lol
    ice ice baby

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Hey Jim, did you get an email from me a couple of days ago?

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 March 2003 - 23:34
    Hey Jim, did you get an email from me a couple of days ago?
    Yes, I replied to it mate, or at least I thought I did. Did you not receive it. I will check the sent mail and re-send.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Poster
    in reality it's all an illusion.
    OR
    he was dreaming and had a dream of super fast downloads, and that made him so horny that he shot his whole load over his screen, so then when he was typing he couldn't see the text properly and then even exaggerated, so there's a typing mistake and exaggeration in the game.
    i should stop going on the forum after a party.

Greetz,
    KraZaka

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Got it this time. Thanks.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Geben wem keine Chance? Und warum??

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 March 2003 - 16:40
    It's still not the answer. As Switeck pointed out above, there's the problem of the USB 1.1/Ethernet 10 (if that's what he had) limitations. In my case, my machines are hooked up to Ethernet 100/10, so, theoretically, I could DL from myself at a rate that high. However, I'm almost certain that the cable modem is USB 1.1 - although all my ports are USB 2 (backwards compatible). Oops! I checked the modem, which is new, and it does have Ethernet, rather than USB, like my old one. I guess, theoretically, I could DL that fast from myself. That is, if I wanted to.
    Why do you think he has USB 1.1/Ethernet 10 ? He never said that.

Edit: to remove signature

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    I didn't say that. I just quoted Switeck. He just pointed out that, if he were using either of those two standards - most people still do - that it would place the transfer even further outside the realm of the possible. And this was examining the possibility that he may have been, unknowingly, DLing from himself.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast