Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: High Upload Anomaly

I don't know if this is normal or not, but I just downloaded a movie (yes, I share all my media files) and the download took about 5 seconds. One of the uploaders had a 2000kbps upload rate (the other one had about a rate of 10kbps). The most anyone can upload from me is about 100 kbps, and I have cable. How can this anomaly occur? Do our connections have to match exactly or does the uploader have to have the filesharing power of Deep Blue? I'm really out of my league here and frankly am confused.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    That person must had had a connection higher that CABLE, or had a system completely devoted to uploading. You shouldn't worry too much. The movie does work right? If it does, don't worry.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ok, it took you 5 seconds to download a movie? How can you do that with cable?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    oh, didn't notice he had cable... odd now...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yes, I have Knology cable. My maximum bandwidth is set to unlimited, though. I thought I read somewhere that cable has some sort of hardware bandwidth limit, however...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    The uploader and you might have a common ISP and hence on the same network.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    why is so amazing that he has cable?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    he said he downloaded a movie in 5 seconds.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Wait, he could have. If the movie was a reasonable size like maybe under...3 megs... I dunno

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Shinigami@12 March 2003 - 19:41
    Wait, he could have. If the movie was a reasonable size like maybe under...3 megs... I dunno
    That would be the shortest movie ever.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast