Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: High Upload Anomaly

Network cards are 10Mbps to 100Mbps. I bet a lot of you have seen 10/100Mbps specified cards. So if he was talking about 2000KBps in kazaa thats 2000x8= 16,000kbps or 16 Mbps.

Still it must have been more than 5 seconds.
    30 min movie, and about 100 megs
    5x16= 80 mbits. So really it works out to more like 50 seconds at that speed to download 100MBs. 50x16=800 mbits or 100 mbytes.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    either this guy is lying.. or he is mistaken. no way could these sort of speeds b possilbe over kazaa
    ice ice baby

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    It's possible over kazaa but only if it's in his local network or from himself.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    i don't think u r able to download from urself
    ice ice baby

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    You can download from yourself if you meet the right conditions.

@Rigel, Are you on a local area network? What version of Kazaa(lite) are you talking about?
    If you are on a network does any of the other computers have Kazaa?

I find this topic quite entertaining.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@13 March 2003 - 15:36

@Rigel, Are you on a local area network? What version of Kazaa(lite) are you talking about?

I find this topic quite entertaining.
    wasn't this almost the basis on which Rocko's PL cheater was created? It wouldn't duplicate the file, but it would appear to be downloading at a torid pace

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by RPerry+13 March 2003 - 21:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 13 March 2003 - 21:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nobody1234@13 March 2003 - 15:36

I find this topic quite entertaining. &nbsp;
    wasn&#39;t this almost the basis on which Rocko&#39;s PL cheater was created? It wouldn&#39;t duplicate the file, but it would appear to be downloading at a torid pace [/b][/quote]
    yea, but i can&#39;t see the guy downloading a movie from himself.. wats the point? lol
    ice ice baby

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Not saying he did it on purpose, seems like I also did the same thing once, not realizing I already had the file. Download took off like a bat out of hell, and with me on 56k, i was trying to figure out what happened. This seems like the possible cause of what he saw, you don&#39;t really think he got that kind of speed out of cable, do you?

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Poster
    it seems the only reasonable answer..
    ice ice baby

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    It&#39;s still not the answer. As Switeck pointed out above, there&#39;s the problem of the USB 1.1/Ethernet 10 (if that&#39;s what he had) limitations. In my case, my machines are hooked up to Ethernet 100/10, so, theoretically, I could DL from myself at a rate that high. However, I&#39;m almost certain that the cable modem is USB 1.1 - although all my ports are USB 2 (backwards compatible). Oops&#33; I checked the modem, which is new, and it does have Ethernet, rather than USB, like my old one. I guess, theoretically, I could DL that fast from myself. That is, if I wanted to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast