Thread: What Do I Need To Play Copied Xbox Games

Poster
    Just got a new Xbox after my old one crashed and frikking Microsoft wanted $100 to repair it, so i want to know what i need in order to be able to play the games that i know i could get off irc or bittorrent. I don't want to be ripped off so, any help would be appreciated!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    there are two ways:

1) mod chip. gotta open the xbox, mess around with the insides, but it's super reliable once it's done. should include an on/off switch for the chip, so that xbox live can still be used.

or

2) soft hack. check the gameworld forum. requires just about as much money to accomplish as a mod chip installation (since you have to get an action replay thing, a memory card, and a copy of that 007 game), but it can be done without opening the xbox. the drawback is that xbox live erases the hack. go here to learn about it: https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=95770

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    what about the places that offer to install it for me?? is it worth it? i don't want to screw up the Xbox since it is brand new, and i am not ashamed of saying that i have no fucking clue whats what when i open it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    lol wanna know the first thing u need?

you need to go to gameworld instead! lol...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Keer@15 April 2004 - 00:16
    what about the places that offer to install it for me?? is it worth it? i don't want to screw up the Xbox since it is brand new, and i am not ashamed of saying that i have no fucking clue whats what when i open it
    those places are good, as long as it isnt too too expensive. do you have any relatives, neighbors or friends that are experienced with soldering that could maybe help you out?

edit: changed welding to soldering

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    how much soldering is involved and what are the chances of screwing it up. Also i have an older xbox that turns on but doesn't do anything else, anyway i could repair that too, once i master soldering??!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Beware, soldering is not a process featuring ease - a lack of carelessness could result in a malfunctioning XBOX.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    my bro tryed chipping the ps1 about 3 years a go and the fat c*nt fired the place where it was meant to go

so watch out and make sure ur soldering iron isnt that hot or u will fire some thing.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Keer@15 April 2004 - 14:43
    how much soldering is involved and what are the chances of screwing it up. Also i have an older xbox that turns on but doesn't do anything else, anyway i could repair that too, once i master soldering??!
    ta soldering is usually pretty difficult. a lot of the little bits inside u have to weld are give u about 1mm of space to work in, so u can imagine it being pretty hard.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Oh the xbox.. after manny a tweaking and many of oopsies i got mine working corecctly, 100% that is, there are solderless modchips you can buy, however they don't really work if you move the xbox a lot. They tend to get dislodged, I suggest trying

www.xbox-scene.com

theyve got more info than you read, great place to start