Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overnet 0.53 Released

if you unclick the spyware options during overnet 0.53 install, NO spyware will be installed. THe only adaware lleft will be the the banner in the overnet GUI. This banner can be removed with the file that THISISHOWHERE mentioned in his post.

Overnet with his new D/U ratio is really good, it will speed up the whole network. No change for slow uploaders and leechers anymore....and for the people with slow upload connection...: GET A BETTER CONNECTION!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by supernico@16 April 2004 - 09:00
    if you unclick the spyware options during overnet 0.53 install, NO spyware will be installed. THe only adaware lleft will be the the banner in the overnet GUI. This banner can be removed with the file that THISISHOWHERE mentioned in his post.

Overnet with his new D/U ratio is really good, it will speed up the whole network. No change for slow uploaders and leechers anymore....and for the people with slow upload connection...: GET A BETTER CONNECTION!!
    No I won't !! I'm happy the way my speed is.
    Why should I pay so that people like you can have fast downloads.

It is very greedy to expect people to upload at 20KB/s
    I'll find a way around it I'm sure !!

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+16 April 2004 - 10:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 16 April 2004 - 10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-supernico@16 April 2004 - 09:00

Overnet with his new D/U ratio is really good, it will speed up the whole network. No change for slow uploaders and leechers anymore....and for the people with slow upload connection...: GET A BETTER CONNECTION&#33;&#33;
    No I won&#39;t &#33;&#33; I&#39;m happy the way my speed is.

I&#39;ll find a way around it I&#39;m sure &#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Like lite said Netlimiter

B)

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by junkyardking+16 April 2004 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking @ 16 April 2004 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@16 April 2004 - 10:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-supernico
    @16 April 2004 - 09:00

Overnet with his new D/U ratio is really good, it will speed up the whole network. No change for slow uploaders and leechers anymore....and for the people with slow upload connection...: GET A BETTER CONNECTION&#33;&#33;

I&#39;ll find a way around it I&#39;m sure &#33;&#33;

B) [/b][/quote]
    Yes I probably will end up getting Netlimiter, or just stick with the old version.
    It&#39;s just that I hate the way people like supernico talk as if i am a leech, when I do share what my connection allows me to.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Soul Giga

oh good..i&#39;ll be expecting £20 a month in the post then

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+16 April 2004 - 10:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 16 April 2004 - 10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by junkyardking@16 April 2004 - 10:40
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@16 April 2004 - 10:33
    <!--QuoteBegin-supernico
    @16 April 2004 - 09:00

I&#39;ll find a way around it I&#39;m sure &#33;&#33;

B)
    Yes I probably will end up getting Netlimiter, or just stick with the old version.
    It&#39;s just that I hate the way people like supernico talk as if i am a leech, when I do share what my connection allows me to. [/b][/quote]
    men, it is only fair that people who upload faster and thus upload more, get faster downloads in return&#33; ia leech for me is also someone that takes more then he gives....and somebody tha tdoesn&#39;t give at all and only takes is an asshole

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Yeah but some people dont have enough money to buy a faster connection...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    New ratio&#33;&#33;??What is it bad idea??
    Does metamachine figure out the speed suddently slow down??
    This key is :
    1] there are lots of emule mod without ratio, users can select any U/L and D/L as they want.
    2] some emule have very strong leeching power. it leech edonkey and stop other client contact this source. (for example, morphXT2.6 , Eastshare 6.6..)
    Those Emule client get lots but return nothing to edonkey ,Shareaze, and MLdonkey.
    3] and other use bad DLL that create invalid U/L.

How stupid They are&#33;

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by sarefin+16 April 2004 - 19:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarefin @ 16 April 2004 - 19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-supernico@16 April 2004 - 09:00
    New ratio&#33;&#33;??What is it bad idea??
    Does metamachine figure out the speed suddently slow down??
    This key is :
    1] there are lots of emule mod without ratio, users can select any U/L and D/L as they want.
    2] some emule have very strong leeching power. it leech edonkey and stop other client contact this source. (for example, morphXT2.6 , Eastshare 6.6..)
    Those Emule client get lots but return nothing to edonkey ,Shareaze, and MLdonkey.
    3] and other use bad DLL that create invalid U/L.

How stupid They are&#33; [/b][/quote]
    WTF are you on about....

AIIIIIIIIIII Wrong....
    Only leecher mods are likely to do this (most will be banned).....all fair clients have ratios in it.

well if you used a fair emule client, and downloaded a lot you would notice these clients really fuck with the network....as soon as you connect to them they maybe give you a bit of their bandwidth (0.000000000001kbs) for a second. There are a few exceptions who upload a lot, but generally they aren&#39;t good uploaders...
    So many mods ban them (they can&#39;t upload off us, but we can off them) for agressive behaviour....Note not all....

Just use Netlimiter and stop complaining. Its already decided by the metamachine team, and its hardly going to change.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    why not let it set the minimum upload to 20kb/sec..???

why not let it have as much upload as ur ISP allows???

i mean, i can download at around 1meg/sec and only upload at 50kb/sec... so i just let it use as much as it needs..

if everyone downloads at 100kb/s all the time, and limits their uploads to almost nothing... then in the end you&#39;ll just be ending up with slower downloads..

why minimize when you can maximize... it will only mean faster downloads... right?

just my opinion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast